Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
I've been using these cards, but now even a new one stops recording by itself.
Today an A-hole tailgated me and flipped me off as she passed. One of these days I might need it as evidence and it's no good if it stops. I think C7's as well as C8's have PDR (Pardon my Corvette ignorance). Anyone have an SD card that works flawlessly for them?

This is the only thing I can see although you already know this: exFAT formatted SD card, Class 10 required
I have a C7 and have not had any trouble with mine.
IS it the same card?
I wonder if it stopped because I took the key inside with me while the car was running? I'll have to test that.

Murray, this is what my setup is.

Attachments

• IMG_3694.jpg
    IMG_3694.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: Murray20c8
Im a C7 owner and I was told to use nothing larger than 32 MB or it won't work.
I never had a problem but I have to delete files when it is full of course. This is not a big deal because I don't use the PDR all the time.
You should check your owners manual to see what is recommended.
20230318_140201.jpg

:Cheers2:

Im a C7 owner and I was told to use nothing larger than 32 MB or it won't work.
I never had a problem but I have to delete files when it is full of course. This is not a big deal because I don't use the PDR all the time.
You should check your owners manual to see what is recommended.

:Cheers2:
Interesting.
Funny, I checked the card files and it worked well until it was near 100 gig of 128. One can see the video stutter just before it stops recording. Seems to me it points to a speed issue. It will take a 512 gig card, but as it fills up it might start doing the same thing.
I believe the files are (can be) larger quality than a C7 also, but I appreciate your input.

Reactions: Dik
This one is working fine for me Murray and has lots of memory space:

View attachment 101577
OK, I've tried 4 different (same model) cards (120mb/s) and I'm still having the same issue. If I look at the video on the card it records fine, but at a certain point the video breaks up, records for another second and then stops. I'm thinking there is something wrong with the camera, but I bought the card that you suggest (now 200 MB/s) so we'll see what happens. My warranty is up in about three months.

OK, I've tried 4 different (same model) cards (120mb/s) and I'm still having the same issue. If I look at the video on the card it records fine, but at a certain point the video breaks up, records for another second and then stops. I'm thinking there is something wrong with the camera, but I bought the card that you suggest (now 200 MB/s) so we'll see what happens. My warranty is up in about three months.

I think a dealer visit is in order. You shouldn't be having these problems with the cards you're using. It could be the camera, card reader, or the software or ? Let us know how the story ends and good luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.