Feb 22, 2011
Fort McMurray,Ab
VetteCoins
Car
2008 Pace car Conver
Looking for a tune in Edmonton ??, anyone know of a good shop ??
I was driving the car at about 100 kmph floored it to pass someone else and transmission was confused as to which gear to grab released the gas pedal then pinned it again this time the car squatted down and was gone in a flash.
Would a tune fix this it happened again at slower speed or does the car have to much power for the factory transmission.
AHC and TC were turned on the time

Looking for a tune in Edmonton ??, anyone know of a good shop ??
I was driving the car at about 100 kmph floored it to pass someone else and transmission was confused as to which gear to grab released the gas pedal then pinned it again this time the car squatted down and was gone in a flash.
Would a tune fix this it happened again at slower speed or does the car have to much power for the factory transmission.
AHC and TC were turned on the time

Trans tune will make it all bettter :D

tranny tune is critical with xtra jam on tap.
remember it is real bad for the tranny to kick her down in drive. pick a close gear when ya plan on givener...... may even help with your issue if you have been givener in drive.

more than 1 trans expert has told me never to kick it down into passing gear when booting along the highway - hard on the trans, especially on a modified car - always move the stick back into 3rd then give 'er when you go to pass or want to drive "spiritedly"....even the pros at RPM trans will say the same thing.....vette trannys are week in the 3rd and 4th gear (A4) they last longer this way...

more than 1 trans expert has told me never to kick it down into passing gear when booting along the highway - hard on the trans, especially on a modified car - always move the stick back into 3rd then give 'er when you go to pass or want to drive "spiritedly"....even the pros at RPM trans will say the same thing.....vette trannys are week in the 3rd and 4th gear (A4) they last longer this way...

Cool -- thanks for the info.
C.

interesting... anytime I do the same action with my Merc E55 and force a kick down to the lowest possible gear it munches a MAF. If I manually shift it first, no problems. Sounds like something to avoid all together!!! Luckily its under MAF warranty LOLLL No issues with the car otherwise :D Sorry for jacking the thread. Just thought this was ironic.

Not heard that b4 -- can you explain for me please.
Cheers,
C.

Sorry I missed this before......I have been told by a couple of high performance tranny builders (RPM & marty) and others with autos and xtra power.
I believe it's the servo in the tranny that does not like it.....but for sure it's bad. Going from overdrive & kicking down to second is a tranny killer.
When doing 100k and hammering the throttle have her in 2nd.....

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this before......I have been told by a couple of high performance tranny builders (RPM & marty) and others with autos and xtra power.
I believe it's the servo in the tranny that does not like it.....but for sure it's bad. Going from overdrive & kicking down to second is a tranny killer.

Thanks, I'll remember that.
Cheers,
C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.