Apr 8, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Hatch Base
Province
BC
I'm changing my manual trans fluid. I check online for specs & how to. They say the trans will take just under 5L of Dex 3 ATF. They show were to drain and were to fill. They show that the fill hole is the one with the sensor in it. My drain is on the pass side and so is the sensor. On the drivers side I have a fill plug. It sits lower than the sensor. Using the fill plug I can only put 3L in. Much less than the popular thought out there. I'm sure if I used the sensor hole I could put 2 more L's in. Do any of you have an answer for me.
IMG_4173.JPG
IMG_4175.JPG
IMG_4176.JPG

I'm changing my manual trans fluid. I check online for specs & how to. They say the trans will take just under 5L of Dex 3 ATF. They show were to drain and were to fill. They show that the fill hole is the one with the sensor in it. My drain is on the pass side and so is the sensor. On the drivers side I have a fill plug. It sits lower than the sensor. Using the fill plug I can only put 3L in. Much less than the popular thought out there. I'm sure if I used the sensor hole I could put 2 more L's in. Do any of you have an answer for me. View attachment 92769View attachment 92770View attachment 92771
By the way I was only able to drain just over 3L as well.

Well I think I know what I did wrong. When I jacked up the car the front was about an inch and a half lower than the back so I guess that kept approx 3/4 of a litre from draining. But that still doesn't answer the fill plug issue. Is the z06 transmission different than the base model?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.