Jan 26, 2018
Orford, Qc
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette HTC 2023
Province
QC
I was at my Corvette dealer this afternoon and the service advisor showed me a note that they have received on september 24 that said that the transmission filter change cost (including the top off transmission oil) is now covered with the first motor oil change at no charge..
Enjoy it!

I was at my Corvette dealer this afternoon and the service advisor showed me a note that they have received on september 24 that said that the transmission filter change cost (including the top off transmission oil) is now covered with the first motor oil change at no charge..
Enjoy it!
What year is your car @Bizbiz911 ?

It is a 2021.
I don't recall that the GM's note was specific to any model year.
I will go back to the dealer next week as they have to change the frunk latch (which does not open anymore with the buttons or the remote) and I will ask to see the note (email from GM) again.

It is a 2021.
I will go back to the dealer next week as they have to change the frunk latch (which does not open anymore with the buttons or the remote) and I will ask to see the note (email from GM) again.
Thanks.
Ya, 21's and up get it free. Check your window sticker. It likely tells you that. 2020's must pay.

• Sorry
Reactions: kerry4
Curious with what is involved for the C8 trans filter change. The C7 is a pan removal and even though the rubber gasket is re-usable, I still replaced it with a new one. At this point I would ask if “better” trans oil is an option. I put a specific A8 Mobil 1 in when I did my C7’s this summer (to avoid an issue that is not related to the C8 of course). Wondering if it would be something to think about on the C8 (a note to remember before I buy one) 👍🏻

This is new? 2022 was supposed to be first MY for DCT filter. I will have to check into this.
Do you have your window sticker?
It tells you here.
1633092944081.png

What is the time frame and mileage for the DCT filter change? I have read it is 7500 miles and 1 yr in the US. No way I will have that mileage in a year. Wondering what the rules are .
Likely 12000 kms or 2 years, but I think any time after break-in would be good.

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240
I think we are talking apples and oranges.
The free service for 22's can be done before the 12000 km period. It all depends on what the window sticker says.
The paid service can be done when you want since it's designed to rid the DCT of break-in flotsam and jetsam ... so to speak

Much confusion regarding the 2 free services. In the US GM issued this:

1635905444782.png

In Canada we get 2 free services and I am told that includes 1 DCT filter change but does not include a DCT fluid change (labour intensive) but does include DCT fluid top-up. You can do this anytime before 2 years or 12,000 km. I will do first oil/filter change at 1 year and 2nd free oil/filter/DCT change at 2 years or 11,000 km whichever first.

Much confusion regarding the 2 free services. In the US GM issued this:

View attachment 89038

In Canada we get 2 free services and I am told that includes 1 DCT filter change but does not include a DCT fluid change (labour intensive) but does include DCT fluid top-up. You can do this anytime before 2 years or 12,000 km. I will do first oil/filter change at 1 year and 2nd free oil/filter/DCT change at 2 years or 11,000 km whichever first.

No longer any confusion. In Canada only 2022 MY gets the free DCT filter change.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
It is a 2021.
Hi, Did you or anyone get to see the note in Canada. The DCT filter is covered in the US but I have not heard back whether it is in Canada. If possible take a photo of the note and post?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.