As a couple of you already know, I had some transmission issues. Thought I would inform everyone of what happened over the period of a little over a month.

Check engine light came on. Car was behaving normally. Local dealer cleared it and said see if it comes back. It might have just been an anomaly.
Light came back on after 100 kms. They contacted GM tech and were told to flush a solenoid.

CEL came back on 20 kms later.
This time they flushed several (three?) solenoids.

CEL came back on during test drive. GM said to replace trans fluid, both trans filters and the valve body. Dealer said I could leave the car at dealership (outside) or I could park it indoors at home while they waited for the parts. You all know what I did.

Took two weeks for all the parts to come in. All the work was done over two days.

When done, the service tech went to enter the codes into the car's computer so it would recognize the new parts. Car would not accept them.

A week later GM finally updated their master database with the part numbers of the new parts and the codes were entered late yesterday. Picked up the car this morning.

As an aside, the paperwork I now have says that if the work done does not resolve the trans problem it will mean a transmission replacement.

My servicing dealer has been excellent throughout the entire process. Car was never left outside. I watched PDR videos of all the test drives and all were done sanely.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.