CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
I phoned the dealer today for some touch-up paint for my Crystal Red '11 GS and was told it would be $28. + tax.

A little rich I thought. Is this now the going price of these little cans with a brush or am I shopping in the wrong place?
See pic of my Ford red.

tnx,
Colin

mini-IMG_0002-1.jpg

Duh -- I was looking in the wrong section. Please move it over to detailing for me.

Thanks for the tip on Dr. Colorchip.

I have the Langka chip repair kit so all I need is the paint itself.

Thanks Riley.

C.

Last edited:
Colin,
are you sure they quoted on the right item ?? Got some touch-up
for the S2000 Honda....$10, in '08; then in 2010 some for '06 vette, torch red,
was ~ $12 from dealer.
As you say, seems v. expensive. Do any parts stores carry paint ??

Tony

Thanks Tony -- yes I was quite explicit ..... Only thing I didn't do was phone another dealer.
I've also bought touch ups -- see the Ford one I posted a pic of. That was $10 last year.

What the devil is so expensive about this Crystal Red? I know it's an optional extra colour but Holy Hannah -- $28 for a measley 1/2 oz!!!!!

Maybe another dealer has them cheaper.:rolleyes:

Thanks Tony -- yes I was quite explicit ..... Only thing I didn't do was phone another dealer.
I've also bought touch ups -- see the Ford one I posted a pic of. That was $10 last year.

What the devil is so expensive about this Crystal Red? I know it's an optional extra colour but Holy Hannah -- $28 for a measley 1/2 oz!!!!!

Maybe another dealer has them cheaper.:rolleyes:

It's called the "Corvette Tax", They get you every time.:confused:

Colin, could you give a mini review on the Langka chip repair kit ? How well does it work?
Thanks

All the info you need is at their website, click on the vid for a definitive, Wayne..... :

LANGKA Paint Chip and Scratch Repair

I've not used it yet but it's reputed to be one of the best systems.
I've talked to many enthusiasts over the years whom swear by it.

Cheers,
Colin

OK so here's the scoop:
The touch-up kit that costs $28.10 is a 2 stage (2 container) kit. One for the basecoat and one for the topcoat.

That eases the pain somewhat, but still a little pricey probably due to "Corvette Tax" as Mark suggests.

Gonna have to just bite the bullet.

C.

ok so in the interest of fair play I must tell the rest of the story:

Got the kit which consists of 2 half ounce tubes with brush and I got them with a 15% discount.
Unit cost was $23.89 + 13% = $27 even.

So not a bad deal considering it's a 2 part process and I did get a discount.

Kudos to Bennett Chev in Cambridge.

C.

mini-IMG_0003.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.