DrJer

Jul 23, 2012
Swift Current, Sk
VetteCoins
Car
1997 Coupe
What have people used for trackdays - either autocross/slalom/soloI, or time attack/soloII? Did you like 'em?

I just bought some used Hoosier R6's for when I get my car back from John B Tires (shipping is more than the tires). There must be Canadian sources?? Any advice/tips etc. would be appreciated!

I've heard those are good. I know when I was autoXing my Honda years ago alot of guys were running Kumho Victoracers(I know they changed the name, but I can't remember to what). For a street tire I know that Vette guys are going with Nitto NT05's. Not sure if this is helpful at all. I have Hankooks right now, and they're okay. I'll be upgrading to the Nittos after being in my instructors Z06 equipped with them(at Mosport).

I have Bridgestone Potenza RE11s for street tires (and likely need something better) but to save 'em from the abuse I wanted something else.

Thanks LSXtasy.

I'll be giving a good, honest write-up on the Hankooks that I hope to have on by the end of the week. A lot of people like the Nitto Invo's as well, but there may be a back-order issue with these.

Michelin's seem to be quite popular, but on the expensive side..............

Keep us posted with what you end up with!

PS: This is all for your street tires. I'm less versed in the track tires, although I believe Nitto makes a great, grippy, stickky, thick tire for that application as well.

552048_10151006278737391_1439725102_n.jpg

$87.50ea. on OEWheelsLLC dot com... bought 4 18x10.5 for the used Hoosier R6's ($145ea. delivered)

The Kumho's I was trying to remember were the V710's( they used to be the Victoracer). Toyo RA1's were popular as well as their street counterpart T1S(not sure if that's the same either anymore). Hoosier's are another great tire, so you should like those. I'm loving the black C6 wheels! Post pics of them on your ride.

3 Flags, Kings Park Speedway, Gimli Manitoba. Where ever I can make it. I joined the Winnipeg Sports Car Club, Queen City Motorsports Association, The BMW club (associate member), and of course the Regina Corvette Club to give myself the most opportunities... sadly never made one.

Before ordering from them, I would suggest giving Manny a call. Maybe he could match the prices? I guarantee you he would give better customer service than 1010. Boo to 1010 if you have any issues.

i didn't realize manny did tires too, just thought parts and mechanical for some reason.

I think the list would be shorter explaining what Manny doesn't do!:rofl:

I had a look last year and the number of wheels that Manny is able to source is almost over whelming. I really, really would love to get a set of wheels for the Vette this year as I need tires but I believe I'll be staying with the thinspokes.

Manny mentioned earlier in the winter that he was getting a new tire machine that doesn't touch the rim except to hold it in place. No scrubbing off the rim edges as the tire is being mounted. There is a Youtube video showing how it works. Pretty slick. We have one rim that shows what happens when shops don't have the proper equipment and end up messing up the finish on the rim.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.