Did he give you the readout of your existing alignment? He should have been able to at least give you this

Without this you are just guessing it is camber causing the excessive wear but could be toe or caster or all 3

I drove the piss out of my tires for 40k km till front inside were corded and I had a far from ideal alignment

Michelin Pilot AS4’s installed and I would say on my 100km drive home, they were definitely quieter and I would say smoother. Unfortunately, dealer was not able to perform the alignment I was hoping for, and he thought he could do :( he had new equipment but not the extra attachments required to set up a camber closer to zero. Interesting to mention that the alignment on the original tires was within GM spec when it was on the alignment rack, but tire wear was severe on all four tires on the inside edge at 26,000 kms. I am not an aggressive driver, never on a track…Be Aware!
I will leave the alignment until spring as car goes to storage this week. If anyone knows of an alignment shop in south western Ontario, that has the proper equipment to do this, I would appreciate if you could let me know.
All new tires will sound quieter and smoother than old worn tires they replace…until they wear.

Did he give you the readout of your existing alignment? He should have been able to at least give you this

Without this you are just guessing it is camber causing the excessive wear but could be toe or caster or all 3

I drove the piss out of my tires for 40k km till front inside were corded and I had a far from ideal alignment

Yes he did, this is a reputable shop.

Attachments

• IMG_2178.jpeg
    IMG_2178.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 17
I assume you mean caster not camber. You want some camber for turn in unless you want a very benign handling car
Depending on who you are referring to, most of the above are correct with the front camber near 0 and the rear near -1.2. I'm driving my second Vette with cambers near this and there's nothing benign in the way my Vettes have handled. :Biggrin:

yes, I realize the need for camber, just hoping to reduce the amount like others who face the same problem have done to prolong tire life. 26,000 km is not enough in my opinion.
Our 2005 was wearing both front tires on the inside edge. The local alignment shop simply zeroed the camber on both front wheels. Lots of miles on these tires and wear seems to be even now.

Where did you find those? And how much?
1010tire opened a store in YYC.
Was fortunate they had them in their inventory.
Also fortunate $1855 all in
with tax and a Michelin rebate.
Costco had better net pricing
with a $130 costco money card but
they could not source the tires until
next Spring.

👇🏻😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kanuck and 12cents
I could not source Michelin AS4s for my GS when replacements were required in May 22. Purchased a set of Continental Extreme Contact. Satisfied so far, they are certainly quieter but ride quality is about the same as the Pilot SS. Unfortunately I also had to purchase 4 new wheels as the road construction here in Ottawa took its toll.

Got 40k kms out of the MPSS OEM run flats (2019 Z51 7spd). It was corded on the front insides and blew the front passenger side out on a back road. Had it to the track a couple of times and drive pretty aggressively. I lowered the car all the way on the stock bolts (maybe an inch or so)

I dont care about squeezing as many kms as I can out of a set of tires. I want the car to handle well and be sharp on turn in and in the corners. Quite happy that i got 40k kms out of the set particularly after seeing the specs

I replaced the tires with the AS4 ZP's. I went with the FE6/7 alignment specs for the GS and Z as they are a little more aggressive on the camber. Heres the pre and post sheet. Camber will increase wear but its usually toe that is the killer. They used the rear caster tool and angle gauge.

Liking the AS4's so far.

View attachment 101931
was wondering if you had this work done at City Buick. I’m going only on the partial address in the top right corner. Curious because you indicate they used the rear caster tool and angle gauge, I have been looking for a dealer with the proper equipment.

Indeed I did. Have been there a couple of times and no issues and good service each time
thanks, maybe I will give them a call to see if they can help me out . Ironically, that’s where I bought my car, but haven’t had it back for service, only because I don’t live near the city. But if they have the proper equipment, I may have to do the drive in. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Vern1
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.