This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Tires and Alignment

I assume you mean caster not camber. You want some camber for turn in unless you want a very benign handling car
yes, I realize the need for camber, just hoping to reduce the amount like others who face the same problem have done to prolong tire life. 26,000 km is not enough in my opinion.

Did he give you the readout of your existing alignment? He should have been able to at least give you this

Without this you are just guessing it is camber causing the excessive wear but could be toe or caster or all 3

I drove the piss out of my tires for 40k km till front inside were corded and I had a far from ideal alignment

All new tires will sound quieter and smoother than old worn tires they replace…until they wear.

Yes he did, this is a reputable shop.

Attachments

• IMG_2178.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 17
I assume you mean caster not camber. You want some camber for turn in unless you want a very benign handling car
Depending on who you are referring to, most of the above are correct with the front camber near 0 and the rear near -1.2. I'm driving my second Vette with cambers near this and there's nothing benign in the way my Vettes have handled.

yes, I realize the need for camber, just hoping to reduce the amount like others who face the same problem have done to prolong tire life. 26,000 km is not enough in my opinion.
Our 2005 was wearing both front tires on the inside edge. The local alignment shop simply zeroed the camber on both front wheels. Lots of miles on these tires and wear seems to be even now.

Where did you find those? And how much?
1010tire opened a store in YYC.
Was fortunate they had them in their inventory.
Also fortunate $1855 all in
with tax and a Michelin rebate.
Costco had better net pricing
with a $130 costco money card but
they could not source the tires until
next Spring.

Your browser is not able to display this video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kanuck and 12cents
I could not source Michelin AS4s for my GS when replacements were required in May 22. Purchased a set of Continental Extreme Contact. Satisfied so far, they are certainly quieter but ride quality is about the same as the Pilot SS. Unfortunately I also had to purchase 4 new wheels as the road construction here in Ottawa took its toll.

was wondering if you had this work done at City Buick. I’m going only on the partial address in the top right corner. Curious because you indicate they used the rear caster tool and angle gauge, I have been looking for a dealer with the proper equipment.

Indeed I did. Have been there a couple of times and no issues and good service each time
thanks, maybe I will give them a call to see if they can help me out . Ironically, that’s where I bought my car, but haven’t had it back for service, only because I don’t live near the city. But if they have the proper equipment, I may have to do the drive in. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Vern1