I'm only at 15k. I drive and corner agressively but not much for spinning rubber off. I see no appreciable wear on the PSS on mine at all. I had my front camber and caster reset at the dealer when new though too. Camber especially, set for performance/track will scuff the inside edge of the fronts right to nothing. Found this out with my C6. At 20k, developed this little vibration... thought it was a balance issue and they found my inside edge of the fronts were right down to the cords. I was lucky as I was leaving in two days later for a Wyoming cruise. Front camber should be as close to 0 degrees as you can get... caster around 7 degrees... Or at least that's worked for me. Guesssing the Z06 would likely be the same but if you are inclined to check, a reputable dealer will check and adjust camber for free. At least mine did) After that, the burning off of rubber will be under no one's control but yours... ;) ....

I'm only at 15k. I drive and corner agressively but not much for spinning rubber off. I see no appreciable wear on the PSS on mine at all. I had my front camber and caster reset at the dealer when new though too. Camber especially, set for performance/track will scuff the inside edge of the fronts right to nothing. Found this out with my C6. At 20k, developed this little vibration... thought it was a balance issue and they found my inside edge of the fronts were right down to the cords. I was lucky as I was leaving in two days later for a Wyoming cruise. Front camber should be as close to 0 degrees as you can get... caster around 7 degrees... Or at least that's worked for me. Guesssing the Z06 would likely be the same but if you are inclined to check, a reputable dealer will check and adjust camber for free. At least mine did) After that, the burning off of rubber will be under no one's control but yours... ;) ....

Thanks so much for the info
Rob

Reactions: ccltj
The big factor is driving habits. Some will be pulling them due to aging out and others due to burning them out. Also the faster you drive the more wear you’ll experience. Michelin says 50000km/30000 miles. Most will not see that. Spirited drivers won’t see much wear at 10-15000 km as stated above. They are a decent compound but nowhere near as soft as the more track focused tires out there. The cups for instance would be dead at 10000 km (or long before) of spirited street driving. Many are toast at 5000 lol. You will find the pss’s hold up/ wear well for street driving.

Last edited:
Approx. how many Km's are people getting out of the PSS tires.
Thanks
17,000 Km's on my Michelin Pilot SS ZP run flats that were installed in 2015. Tread wear is negligible but I don't do burnouts only some occasional spirited driving on twisty winding roads.

Reactions: ccltj
The big factor is driving habits. Some will be pulling them due to aging out and others due to burning them out. Also the faster you drive the more wear you’ll experience. Michelin says 50000km/30000 miles. Most will not see that. Spirited drivers won’t see much wear at 10-15000 km as stated above. They are a decent compound but nowhere near as soft as the more track focused tires out there. The cups for instance would be dead at 10000 km (or long before) of spirited street driving. Many are toast at 5000 lol. You will find the pss’s hold up/ wear well for street driving.

Thanks for the info.
They seem like they will be pricey to replace.
Rob

They aren't cheap but they will last fairly well all considered. Unless you are intentionally putting on big smoke shows on the regular that is. Then you are in effect burning money : )
They will handle quite a bit of spirited high speed driving and hard launches with wheel spin though. They are never going to be cheap to replace but buying from the right place will save you a sizable chunk of change.

They aren't cheap but they will last fairly well all considered. Unless you are intentionally putting on big smoke shows on the regular that is. Then you are in effect burning money : )
They will handle quite a bit of spirited high speed driving and hard launches with wheel spin though. They are never going to be cheap to replace but buying from the right place will save you a sizable chunk of change.
How many Km's do you have on your car.

Thanks for the info.
Rob

The Michelin’s are very pricey. Doing burnouts with these tires is a financial commitment as they won’t last long. 😂

I always laughed when the YouTube guys were reviewing a C7 which included a bunch of smokey burnouts.
They usually said something like “We we were fortunate enough to be loaned this car to review today”
I expect the owner of the Vette was not very impressed seeing his tires and probably his rear brakes gone when he got the car back.
Expect to spend about 3k to replace the PSS and more for the SC2s. 👍

Thanks for the info.
Rob
This morning I was at my local tire dealer Kal - Tire in BC getting my snow tires removed and a flat fixed on my daily driver. Out of curiosity I asked for a quote to have a new set of Michelin Pilot 4S for my 2007 Corvette. The 4S is the new tire that replaces the Pilot Super Sport although they do not come in a run flat ZP tire. The total quote for the tires, mounting, balancing, enviro fees and taxes came to $1,980.83. The front tires 245/40ZR18 were $342.29 ea. and the rear 285/35R19 are $502.01 ea,

Last edited:
Reactions: YFCvii
This morning I was at my local tire dealer Kal - Tire in BC getting my snow tires removed and a flat fixed on my daily driver. Out of curiosity I asked for a quote to have a new set of Michelin Pilot 4S in my 2007 Corvette. The 4S is the new tire that replaces the Pilot Super Sport. The total quote for the tires, mounting, balancing, enviro fees and taxes came to $1,980.83. The front tires 245/40ZR18 were $342.29 ea. and the rear 285/35R19 are $502.01 ea,

Not the same tire but definitely close. Nice price 👍

• Agree
This morning I was at my local tire dealer Kal - Tire in BC getting my snow tires removed and a flat fixed on my daily driver. Out of curiosity I asked for a quote to have a new set of Michelin Pilot 4S for my 2007 Corvette. The 4S is the new tire that replaces the Pilot Super Sport although they do not come in a run flat ZP tire. The total quote for the tires, mounting, balancing, enviro fees and taxes came to $1,980.83. The front tires 245/40ZR18 were $342.29 ea. and the rear 285/35R19 are $502.01 ea,
I used these tires for my Shelby last year . Pretty amazing tire compared to the stocker that were on it , decent price as well :)

Approx. how many Km's are people getting out of the PSS tires.
Thanks
I got 19,000 kms on the fronts and, a pretty impressive 32,000 kms out of the rear tires Michelin Pilot SS ZP run flats . Had the rears replaced last year , its a 2015 Z06 . I had the caster/camber adjusted when the new front tires were installed just to get some added life out of them .

Reactions: ddgermann
I got 19,000 kms on the fronts and, a pretty impressive 32,000 kms out of the rear tires Michelin Pilot SS ZP run flats . Had the rears replaced last year , its a 2015 Z06 . I had the caster/camber adjusted when the new front tires were installed just to get some added life out of them .
Considering the extra horsepower you’re running, 32000 on the rears is excellent

Has anyone experienced a bent or cracked rim on their C7's ?
Im reading on the "other" forum there are many owners reporting rim crack issues saying its not due to driving into a pothole or rough roads...in particular the gs rims as they are thought to have thinner rim spokes vs the z06.... No personal experience.. this guy had all four corners bent...…….wow

Last edited:
  • Wow
Im reading on the "other" forum there are many owners reporting rim crack issues saying its not due to driving into a pothole or rough roads...in particular the gs rims as they are thought to have thinner rim spokes vs the z06.... No personal experience.. this guy had all four corners bent...…….wow

Have read a lot about the rims, Anyone know how much the tire/rim insurance is ??

• Wow
Not making judgement or recommendation but we have a lot of C7 owners here and very few cracked rims. That being said, and to my recall, all of them admitted to hitting nasty a$$ potholes.

@RobZ06 @frankmp
Another thing to consider is GM states clearly not to run your car in track mode if you have mag ride. They specifically say wheel and suspension damage may result. They state track mode is for a smooth track only.
Lots of guys use track mode on the street as it is what they prefer but most likely they are aware and pay attention.
I have had 3 mag ride Z06’s in the last 4 years and have never had a problem. And that’s after hitting a very nasty crater on the Yellowhead highway at 120ish. Big bang... no damage. In sport or tour mode... don’t remember which. But was definitely not in track mode.
I wouldn’t give this wheel hype a second thought. Keyboard warriors telling part of the story is a very common thing these days.
The wheels are fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.