Dec 8, 2019
VetteCoins
The sticker on the door jam calls for 30 PSI or 220 KPA. 220 KPA converted to PSI is 32. I filled my tires to 220 KPA and the ride was unbearable. I went back down to 200 KPA (30 PSI) and she rode great.

I do have aftermarket wheels which are one inch bigger than factory (20/21) but the ride is relatively the same at 30 PSI. I’m scared of the pressure being too low and possibly bending a wheel.

Is 30 PSI OK?

I have stock wheels so slight difference there with a bit more sidewall compared to larger wheels.

Car was delivered at 36psi by dealer and drove fine. I adjusted them to 30psi and couldn’t really tell the difference in ride quality (noise and handling). It was during break in so I really wasn’t pushing any boundaries.

Most cars a 6psi difference would have be really noticeable. My 2cents is mag ride is so good at reacting to the road that it smooths out some of the harshness from over inflated tires.

The sticker on the door jam calls for 30 PSI or 220 KPA. 220 KPA converted to PSI is 32. I filled my tires to 220 KPA and the ride was unbearable. I went back down to 200 KPA (30 PSI) and she rode great.

I do have aftermarket wheels which are one inch bigger than factory (20/21) but the ride is relatively the same at 30 PSI. I’m scared of the pressure being too low and possibly bending a wheel.

Is 30 PSI OK?

:Banghead:
If you are running aftermarket rim and tire sizes then oem recommend tire pressures in the door jam are no longer valid.

Difference in tire pressures will change performance characteristics of the vehicle and wear characteristics of the tires

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
:Banghead:
If you are running aftermarket rim and tire sizes then oem recommend tire pressures in the door jam are no longer valid.

Difference in tire pressures will change performance characteristics of the vehicle and wear characteristics of the tires
Agreed, but the difference is less than 10%.

Is 30 PSI OK?
the sticker on the door jam is irrelevant once you put a different size tire on. The place you bought the tires should be telling you what to keep your new tires at I would think....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.