There are a few guys that have but I think they don't end up looking right because you can't go oversized like that on the front...

I have 275/40/17 on the front now , I dont think the difference will be too bad. And I actually like the staggered look.

it wont look staggered (that's rim size)... one tire will fit on the rim one way and the other will fit on the rim another. ANyhow.. just my 2 cents. Considering everything, if you're not tracking the car, there really won't be any difference in the performance of the car.

Actually the rims are staggered 9.5 front and 10.5 rear. I know what you are saying about the tire reaching to grab the bead on the rears. My question really was does anybody know if the tires will rub or be extra close to anything? Thanks for your input HLN A55:)

Because you have the Z06 wheels, what do Z06's normally run out back? A 275 on your front is what I run in my rear! Wait...that sounds bad...my car has 275's out back from the factory (as would yours as I'm sure you already know). Is the stagger, or offset, of the Z wheel biased so you can run a wider tire without rubbing the fenders or inside the wheel well?

Ok, did a little Wiki job. The factory size tires for a Z06 are P265/40ZR-17 for the front and P295/35ZR-18 for the rear. Rims widths over a base C5 are increased one inch to 9.5 front, 10.5 rear as stated...nothing on offset though....

I don't see how going to a 305 would cause anything to rub as the tire section width is increased only half a cm wider on both sides. A problem could show up if you went to a taller tire.

I was hoping someone who has run this size of tire on that wheel would have chimed in,I have seen 315s on 10 and 11 inch rims and they dont buldge at all. This guy is running the exact sizes I intend to run.
292uzw7.jpg

Done the math and the OD is actually a little lower for the wider tire.26.1 for the 295s and 25.6 for the 315s .The front 275s OD 25.66" and the original size (265s) have an OD of 25.6.

As it turns out this info was available on another message board and all I have read is they fit look great and have no performance or drivability issues. Including traction control and active handling systems.

Last edited:
You can run a 315 on the stock C5 Z06 rear wheel and a up to a 275 on the fronts with no issues .
I run a 305/19/35 on my CCW's

Will look killer Mr. HowieC5:D

[email protected]

Thanks Manny! I didnt even bother to look at the other board I am also a member of till after I got some advise from this site. The pic in my earlier post has the 315s rear and the 275s front,seems to look great! Any deals on tires floating around? Brand or speed rating is not too important to me as I dont track the car and I prolly havent gone faster than 140k in a few years. However I would like the tire to have a longer tread wear rating. Cheers Howie

Outside of wishing to stay in Canada and support Canadian businesses, I have heard that the tire rack has great deals. You may want to check them out and compare them against other places. Costco has no problems mounting tires that are not purchased at their store.
Yeee...I feel dirty for posting that.

Thanks Manny! I didnt even bother to look at the other board I am also a member of till after I got some advise from this site. The pic in my earlier post has the 315s rear and the 275s front,seems to look great! Any deals on tires floating around? Brand or speed rating is not too important to me as I dont track the car and I prolly havent gone faster than 140k in a few years. However I would like the tire to have a longer tread wear rating. Cheers Howie

I will send off an email to my tire distributor and see what I can do for you.

[email protected]

Outside of wishing to stay in Canada and support Canadian businesses, I have heard that the tire rack has great deals. You may want to check them out and compare them against other places. Costco has no problems mounting tires that are not purchased at their store.
Yeee...I feel dirty for posting that.

I have looked at the web site at great length and never went to the next step ,TO THE CHECKOUT. I usually get raped with shipping and brokerage fees. Scared to order from the US now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.