Sep 15, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2008 Coupe
Province
BC
Quick question, received our production date today for June 24th, what is everyone's experience
from being built to being delivered to the dealer? It will be going to Edmonton, Sherwood Park Chevrolet. We live in BC
so get to make a road trip out of it. Pretty excited!

Quick question, received our production date today for June 24th, what is everyone's experience
from being built to being delivered to the dealer? It will be going to Edmonton, Sherwood Park Chevrolet. We live in BC
I think you mean you got a Target Production Week of June 24

Because you are not in Southern Ontario, shipping will be long and painful

Reactions: wdepipes
Last year car was built July 17. Arrive in Edmonton Aug 28. Picked up Sept 5th and drove back to Whistler the next day via Abbotsford to pick up car. Flight out of Abbotsford $19. Bought mine at Wolf Chev. Get transit insurance in BC. The dealer gave me license to got through Alberta for free.

Last year car was built July 17. Arrive in Edmonton Aug 28. Picked up Sept 5th and drove back to Whistler the next day via Abbotsford to pick up car. Flight out of Abbotsford $19. Bought mine at Wolf Chev. Get transit insurance in BC. The dealer gave me license to got through Alberta for free.
Good to know so hoping for mid August if it all works out. Thanks for the info!

Mine was built on Feb 8 and arrived in Edmonton on April 12 but that was the period when the parking lot at Bowling Green was jammed full of C8’s because of the daytime running lights issue and none were moving. So now it shouldn’t take nearly as long. Gods speed !

Its typically a month to get from the plant to western Canada. Your TPW could also change, although at this point probably only by a week. I would guess your vehicle will be at the dealership at the end of July, the week of the 29th

I had a TPW of June 3rd two weeks ago but my vehicle was bumped and it got built yesterday on the 11th. I'm in southern Ontario so I'm expecting it to show up within a few days or up to two weeks at most.

Why buying from Edmonton. Duecks in Vancouver? I can get a car no problem.

maybe because at the time when he was ordering the car, that was not the case
They sell a hell of a lot corvettes. Hasn't been a problem for a couple of years now. You have to know the right rep.. Access to four dealerships. I could have ordered a Z06 or E-Ray and not on any list - taxes here in BC a killer.

Not worth an extra $45K.:Cheers2: Instead I am getting a Procharger stage II supercharger installed: 630+ HP to the wheels.
Good on ya ! That’s the ticket. I have looked at the stage one Procharger kit but being a bit conservative I will probably wait a year or two. I was going to wait till the end of warranty but now that I have the extended warranty I can’t wait THAT long lol. Are you going with the low profile one?

Good on ya ! That’s the ticket. I have looked at the stage one Procharger kit but being a bit conservative I will probably wait a year or two. I was going to wait till the end of warranty but now that I have the extended warranty I can’t wait THAT long lol. Are you going with the low profile one?
Stage II IS THE WAY TO GO based on my reading and the recommendation of the shop that is installing it: upgraded from stage I : 7.5 psi, ECU tuning, easy install - the key is the tuning. Kit has been shipped - just waiting for install. To get ready I have lowered my car (Z51) 3/4 inch., added 20 mm spacers (Paragon Performance) to move wheels out in line with the wheel wells and replaced the OEM exhaust with Paragon exhaust system.

Reactions: 1st Vette

Oh God, the "Warranty". You're old. Don't put off today what you might not see tomorrow. Applies to 92.8% of the Membership...

and when you change the fluids, change the filters lol....

• Haha
Reactions: Bunny Hop
Peace of Mind. You're losing yours, don't expect you to understand...
You whine about the warranty and then you want peace of mind? One of us is losing their mind and it ain't me. You should get your story straight.