Sometime next year it would a nice spot to plan a weekend cruise. Even better would be to do a lap over Logan Pass via the “Going to the sun” road. Prominently featured at the beginning of Jack Nicholson’s “The Shining”
That would be awesome !!!

Dinner will be provided by me :Cheers2:

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Thought I would post an update on cost of tires in the US. After looking at all the online tire suppliers I went to my Chevrolet dealer in Tucson and confirmed that they would "price match". There are several "Discount Tire" stores in Tucson and they prices are the same as "Tire Rack" and my service guy quoted me a price of $1,090 out the door, including mounting and taxes, which was a few $ better than Discount Tire. They also confirmed that the have a "Hunter Revolution" tire machine that does the tire change without hurting the wheels or tires. Look it up on you tube - it's amazing! Currency exchange on this trip was not my friend as it converted to $1,444 Canadian through my bank. Crossing the border was painless. Told the agent in the kiosk I bought new tires in addition to a few other items and exceeded my $800 allowable. Went inside and the nice lady at the counter charged me $40 GST and I was on my way. I still need to compare to what a Canadian dealer would charge but suspect I still saved a bit.

One last comment - I did check to see if the AS3 ZP tires were available and the dealer said it could be a few more months so I'll consider those in another 15,000 miles when the fronts will need changing too. Prices are out and they are quite a bit cheaper than the Super Sports.

Hope this provides a benchmark for tire shoppers in the near term.

Bob

Thought I would post an update on cost of tires in the US. After looking at all the online tire suppliers I went to my Chevrolet dealer in Tucson and confirmed that they would "price match". There are several "Discount Tire" stores in Tucson and they prices are the same as "Tire Rack" and my service guy quoted me a price of $1,090 out the door, including mounting and taxes, which was a few $ better than Discount Tire. They also confirmed that the have a "Hunter Revolution" tire machine that does the tire change without hurting the wheels or tires. Look it up on you tube - it's amazing! Currency exchange on this trip was not my friend as it converted to $1,444 Canadian through my bank. Crossing the border was painless. Told the agent in the kiosk I bought new tires in addition to a few other items and exceeded my $800 allowable. Went inside and the nice lady at the counter charged me $40 GST and I was on my way. I still need to compare to what a Canadian dealer would charge but suspect I still saved a bit.

One last comment - I did check to see if the AS3 ZP tires were available and the dealer said it could be a few more months so I'll consider those in another 15,000 miles when the fronts will need changing too. Prices are out and they are quite a bit cheaper than the Super Sports.

Hope this provides a benchmark for tire shoppers in the near term.

Bob

Great info Bob. Don't forget Ponoka this Saturday if you can make it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread