Aug 6, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2017 GS Convertible
Province
AB
My 2017 GS (non Z07) has been in service for 17 months and I'm fortunate to be able to drive it year round as we spend winters in AZ and summers in AB. Current mileage is 13,500 MILES and I'm going to need new rear tires soon. I don't drive aggressively very often and expected life is around 15,000 miles. Looking for suggestions on tire dealers in Calgary aside from Corvette dealerships to get Michelin replacements so I can compare the cost to getting new tires in AZ before I head back north for the summer.

Reactions: ddgermann
Admit it Bob, this thread has nothing to do with tires you are just trying to make us feel bad while we freeze while you are basking in the warmth.:Biggrin: Hope you had a good winter.

There must be a number of western tire dealers that have an on line presence that would allow you to compare prices.

My 2017 GS (non Z07) has been in service for 17 months and I'm fortunate to be able to drive it year round as we spend winters in AZ and summers in AB. Current mileage is 13,500 MILES and I'm going to need new rear tires soon. I don't drive aggressively very often and expected life is around 15,000 miles. Looking for suggestions on tire dealers in Calgary aside from Corvette dealerships to get Michelin replacements so I can compare the cost to getting new tires in AZ before I head back north for the summer.
I will PM you @C SEVEN GS Bob ... I am currently researching many options with Mike and for others throughout Alberta

(Mike - as I know you are at another supplier for a quote - this is taken care of with a reply @MikeysZ06 )

Last edited:

Costco in Alberta is good, but nothing will beat American Tire for Michelin zp.
Bought from them for my 09 Coup and 09 Conv.

Reactions: YFCvii
Costco in Alberta is good, but nothing will beat American Tire for Michelin zp.
Bought from them for my 09 Coup and 09 Conv.
American Tire lost value trying to get their website to realize the C6-Z06 has two tire sizes ... and that back 325 tire is a tough one to find at times.

Have not tried Costco yet ... thinking it's a "Tire Depot" with the $15/hr rubber installers that would treat the Corvette Wheel like a Steel Winter Wheel.
... but that's me ...

Happily ... MikeysZ06 has a remedy... and now on to the others who hopefully don't have that 325 back tire ...
... online shipping street-view updates sees that those hard-to-find back tires are on their way Mike ...
:D 28468528_579828989020386_572816275820252761_n.jpg :D

Last edited:
American Tire lost value trying to get their website to realize the C6-Z06 has two tire sizes ... and that back 325 tire is a tough one to find at times.

Have not tried Costco yet ... thinking it's a "Tire Depot" with the $15/hr rubber installers that would treat the Corvette Wheel like a Steel Winter Wheel.
... but that's me ...

Happily ... MikeysZ06 has a remedy... and now on to the others who hopefully don't have that 325 back tire ...
... online shipping street-view updates sees that those hard-to-find back tires are on their way Mike ...
:D View attachment 14935 :D

Oh those will fit in @Jenski~Z06 s van. Can’t see Canada customs giving her a hard time. :oops: Just has to mark “gift” and all’s good !! Lol !!

Reactions: Jenski~Z06

Bob my dealer in Edmonton matched the best price I could find on the Pilot Super Sports I had put on my new Z06.
So I got the price and the piece of mind of the dealer installation with the right machine for these tires/rims/break rotor protection.

Might be worth checking into.

Derek.

Reactions: YFCvii
I have used Tire Rack for years for my Viper GTS (295 front 355 rear), S2000, STi, and now the '17 Z07 Vette. Click....click....they arrive at my door within a week. Take em down the street to Fountain Tire for installation, and done.....

If you winter in AZ I don't know why you would even consider getting tires in Canada. I'm a U.S. citizen who's lived in the U.S. for many years (not now....) and I'm floored by what tires cost up here. My brother in Cali can get tires fitted to his Viper for half or less than what it costs me to get them up here....If I was planning a trip down there anytime soon I wouldn't think of buying tires in Canada. It's hwy robbery here...pun intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeysZ06
I have used Tire Rack for years for my Viper GTS (295 front 355 rear), S2000, STi, and now the '17 Z07 Vette. Click....click....they arrive at my door within a week. Take em down the street to Fountain Tire for installation, and done.....

If you winter in AZ I don't know why you would even consider getting tires in Canada. I'm a U.S. citizen who's lived in the U.S. for many years (not now....) and I'm floored by what tires cost up here. My brother in Cali can get tires fitted to his Viper for half or less than what it costs me to get them up here....If I was planning a trip down there anytime soon I wouldn't think of buying tires in Canada. It's hwy robbery here...pun intended.
We’ve been getting raped in Canada for years when it comes to just about anything.

Reactions: flyboy999
We bought Michelin tires from Costco here in B.C. for both our SUVs and there price was 40% cheaper than any other dealer. We shop there, so, I asked about HP tires - they will bring them in as they are a major brand for them. Sorry to hear that you have to suffer in AZ for 6 mths every year - I wish I had that problem - LOL. I retired early and that was my plan; but, as it turns out, not my wife's. Good luck and hope to meet one day - cheers.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll get new rear tires installed here before I drive back home sometime in April. Fronts are still good so I'll get OEM rears and when due for the next set check into all season ZP tires.

Montana: love that state - beautiful scenery, great people and the best fly fishing anywhere - great spot to cruise in my vette.
Sometime next year it would a nice spot to plan a weekend cruise. Even better would be to do a lap over Logan Pass via the “Going to the sun” road. Prominently featured at the beginning of Jack Nicholson’s “The Shining”

Reactions: Jenski~Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread