I was actually speaking of both. The Tacoma is hands down the best 1/4 ton. Really like the Tundras as well, but I wouldn't say they are as head and shoulders above the competition as the Tacomas are.

No issues wi Toyota truck quality at all, but also think the 1/2 ton market has some other good choices as well.

Sorry if it was confusing,

Talked with a Ford mechanic Saturday and asked about the Ecoboost engine .He said they have problems with water intake .Despite various attempts to rectify the issue it's still there .Despite the class action suit and the problem Ford can't build enough of them.

don't know if will help with your choice but I just ordered a 2014 Chev Silverado reg cab 4X4, the 14's are all new this year and definetly improved over the 13's imo, worth checking them out Steve....good luck with the hunt

Corsvette:

I have owned all three of the domestic trucks in the last 6 years...F-150 Lariat, Chev Silverado LTZ and Dodge Ram Laramie. The gap has definitely been narrowed with new introduction of coil springs for the dodge and air-bags...You definitely can't go wrong with either the ford, dodge or chev....they all ride like midsize sedans. I have driven the 2014 3/4 tonne chevy....and i was very impressed! I would stay away from the ecoboost.....heard lots of top ends being replaced and burnt out......My Silverado got 24 mpg on the highway, the dodge and ford were 21 mpg. Good luck with your hunt!

I really dont think any import brand has figured out how to build a good SUV/Pick-up yet.

I've driven them all (2014 GM included) and you really can make a mistake buying any of the big 3 1500's. The GM's are the best on fuel, Fords have the best seats, Dodges have the most power and look the best IMO.

I just ordered a new dodge 1500 reg cab 4x4. I'm a GM guy through and through but there are no programs on the '14's and the '13's are a little too dated for me. The 2014 GM was a pleasure to drive though. In 6 months when it's time for a new one, it'll be a new GM (if there are incentives of course).

It all boils down to what truck gives you the biggest boner imo lol. Or maybe you're a payment buyer who wants a cheap monthly rate. Ford has a program right now $2000 ++ down, 24 month lease, $314/mo including tax! That gets you a 2013 F150 crew cab 4x4 XTR 20" rims and back up camera. Go test drive a RAM, Silverado/Sierra, and F-150 and be the judge. The days of poor quality among the big 3 are over. They are all top notch trucks that will not disappoint.

Good luck and keep us posted!

My trucks going to work buckhorn! Just like all the trucks I've had in the past, some Farm labour and quite a bit of towing.

Drove a 2014 Sierra all terrain SLT Z-71 on the weekend, unfortunately, there was a buyer waiting for it when I got back from the test drive, otherwise I might have been posting some pics of it in my driveway. I'm also liking the look of the Chevy, the more I see it the more I like that blocky look. Reminds me of my favorite style of chev's built in the mid 80's.

Notes-

Pro- Extremely smooth and quiet, it's so impressive how nice this truck drove. Great power from the 5.3 with 3:42 rear. Styling is spot on, it looks very rugged and buff with a sophisticated edge, all in all it looks like a truck should look like. Interior is very well done and looks great.

Con- Not much really, Still not as roomy in the back as the Ford imo. I would also have liked to see more interior colour options....I'm sick of black leather! No 6.2 to try (available in the fall) I might have to wait to get that 420hp 450TQ.

I'm still going to drive a Ram, though I like the look of the Ram from the rear and side I'm kinda tired of the front end, looking a bit too plain imo, I never was a fan of the crosshair grill. I do love the Ram interior in the longhorn trucks, they did a fantastic job there.

I agree with the strong opinions of the Ecoboom, I don't want to be Ford's guniea pig on that one. It was designed for a car....period, what its going to be like with 100,000+ kms of truck use is anybodys guess. I'm not rolling the dice on it, I want to keep this truck 8-10 years without major repairs. I also wish Ford put the 6.2 in the 1/2 tons.

Tundra, sorry, it's just too fugly and expensive. Plus the maintenence costs are very high I've been told.

I'm not too sure where you heard that maintenance costs for Toyota's are very high. Although I know that is something that has plagued Toyota for a looooong time. I used to sell Toyota's back in the day when the Tundra was coming out. Because we always got the comment about how much parts cost, etc, etc, compared to the domestics, a study was done and Toyota cost about 1.5 times what a GM would cost for the same repairs in a shop. The difference is they found the GM was in the shop 2.5 times more than the Toyota so in the long run, it was less money to own. As for the fugly part, fair enough! :D Not everyone is going to like the looks of every vehicle. That being said, I still wouldn't hesitate to jump into a Sierra. My little 85 S-15 probably has 330+ km on it now (don't know as the speedo stopped working 12 years ago :rofl:) but all it's ever needed was a rebuilt head and I hung a new body on it. It's never left me stranded. But with that said, I'm sure there are people that have had lemon S-15's so if you ask each of us what we think of these trucks, you'll get totally different opinions/experiences. This is the same with all vehicles. Remember that what people write on here is their experience and opinions with the vehicles they've driven. And what they like or dislike may or may not be the same as others. For example, someone said Fords have great seats but from my experience, I got a ride in a King Ranch to an oil rig site years ago and it literally hurt my back just being on the highway. It took days to be able to stand up straight again, where I'm sure the owner loved the seats. Having difference of opinions is fine but I just don't want this thread to degrade into a my truck is better than your truck whizzing match.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the Ram Corsvette.

My trucks going to work buckhorn! Just like all the trucks I've had in the past, some Farm labour and quite a bit of towing.

Drove a 2014 Sierra all terrain SLT Z-71 on the weekend, unfortunately, there was a buyer waiting for it when I got back from the test drive, otherwise I might have been posting some pics of it in my driveway. I'm also liking the look of the Chevy, the more I see it the more I like that blocky look. Reminds me of my favorite style of chev's built in the mid 80's.

Notes-

Pro- Extremely smooth and quiet, it's so impressive how nice this truck drove. Great power from the 5.3 with 3:42 rear. Styling is spot on, it looks very rugged and buff with a sophisticated edge, all in all it looks like a truck should look like. Interior is very well done and looks great.

Con- Not much really, Still not as roomy in the back as the Ford imo. I would also have liked to see more interior colour options....I'm sick of black leather! No 6.2 to try (available in the fall) I might have to wait to get that 420hp 450TQ.

I'm still going to drive a Ram, though I like the look of the Ram from the rear and side I'm kinda tired of the front end, looking a bit too plain imo, I never was a fan of the crosshair grill. I do love the Ram interior in the longhorn trucks, they did a fantastic job there.

I agree with the strong opinions of the Ecoboom, I don't want to be Ford's guniea pig on that one. It was designed for a car....period, what its going to be like with 100,000+ kms of truck use is anybodys guess. I'm not rolling the dice on it, I want to keep this truck 8-10 years without major repairs. I also wish Ford put the 6.2 in the 1/2 tons.

Tundra, sorry, it's just too fugly and expensive. Plus the maintenence costs are very high I've been told.

The F-150 is available with the 6.2 L in XLT + trim.

I've heard a lot of horror ecoboost motors. Everyone was saying how amazing they are until they pack on some kms...

Uneducated Ford salesman....Told me the only way to get a 6.2 was in a Raptor or 3/4 ton up.

You should build your truck on the Ford website, print the sheet and bring it into the dealer and have them order it for you.

If you're not worried about fuel consumption then the 6.2L is a beast! They are super hard on fuel compared to a 5.0 or ecoboost.

Well It's done. I bought a 2014 Sierra All Terrain crew/short in black. I drove all the trucks on the market and found the new GM's to be the best all arounders. The driving dynamics are just superb, very quiet and refined. In my testing I found the dodge to be a close second, It's also a great truck but it gives up quite a bit in payload and towing, also, I dont tend to buy trucks for all their gizmos and gee gaws which the Dodge has plenty of. The Ford is due for a redesign all around, it feels old in ther bones compaired to Dodge and GM. I think GM nailed it pretty good with the new trucks and hope I keep happy with my choice.

28mnvuw.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.