BANNED
May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
Saw a preview for this show on History channel this coming Thursday night. Might be worth a look.

396C59D8-74EB-4C74-83E7-84D977CAD99B.jpeg

wonder what the guy wants to build ? one car is in the museum, and apparantly some of the ones they built were retagged as 84's. So there shouldn't be any guess work as to what the car was ? I have a new sales brocheur for the 83 that I bought from the Corvette Museum with pictures and specs but no where on the thing does it say 1983 . Be interesting to see what they have to say about the blank year. I said awhile back the Corvette crossfire cars will have some collector value in the future as it powered the last C3 , and the first C4 only. I have no tv so will wait till someone reports back here.

so they just played around with a 85 and really had nothing to do with the real 83 . In the books I got from the museum they refer to it being 30 years , and in the pictures the other cars are labelled by year but this one they just called it Today and not 1983. But 1953 + 30 years is 1983. Interesting history I guess. Some pics kinda hard to read but gives some idea.

IM001395.JPG

IM001396.JPG

IM001403.JPG

IM001404.JPG

IM001400.JPG

IM001393.JPG

Sorry guys. That show wasn’t what I thought it would be. I lasted until the first commercial break.

I suffered through the whole thing. That's an hour I'll never get back.
Then again........thinking more about it......the guy owned a comedy shop, AND a resto business. Maybe this was a poor attempt at combining the two?
Seeing the faces on Koker, and the GM dude when they initially saw it says enough. They just didn't want to be rude, and said "nice job".

Watched the whole thing and basically saw an 85 that was modded as an interpretation of what they thought an 83 should have been. I did like the fender treatment but that split rear window really sucked. But beyond that, yawn...

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
I’m half-way thru watching this show.
What a joke. They ‘beeped-out’ the ‘F bomb’ 4 times within the first few minutes.
A lot of the historical facts are wrong as well.

As people have already said, It doesn’t appear he is building an ‘83 Vette.
He is making a modified ‘85.
As soon as the Count appeared I lost faith in the show, then the design that he claims is an ‘83 is NOT.
I’m really disappointed that Dave McClelland is involved.
Then they added dramatics saying it has to be done in an unrealistic time-frame and creating design fights on the shop floor.

Someone can still make a nice show about the REAL ‘83s that were made..
I would watch that. Lots of inside GM information could be put together and make an interesting show.
There could also be a great show as to why the ‘67 & ‘68 Corvettes looked like they did.
I’d watch that too.

Sorry
Graham

Last edited:
Rich guy takes 85 Vette, cutomizes it to (what he thinks ) should/could have been an 1983. Was not impressed with show or end result of car. Split window was a crappy job.
Glad I recorded it as I deleted it.

Ah come on Spence.... we can all see that you can literally sit there and watch the paint dry this weekend. 😂🍷🍷🍷
I’m being read like a book ... 🍷🍷🍷😁
Before being told to do so, I should just go jump in a lake ... it’s time to go put ripples on the glass-like surface of the lake - instead of checking the PVR listing to see if that show is still there 😂
9AEBA334-5D1A-4DDD-AFAE-FF5CC63A0F62.jpeg

Setup Done ... just needs levelling 😁
But I forgot my socket on shore 😡
4F337EA4-54CC-43C1-B7FF-57D49001F25C.jpeg

Last edited:
thanks 4 posting the pic of the thing. abit of a sad joke that this build got any attention. The 83 exists , why is this guy calling his idea a 83 ? he modified an existing 85 Vette , there are hundreds of them out there that guys customized. That back window split cover he put on looks so cheap like from some ebay seller. Color is nice, wheels are nah not so great . A insult to GM by calling this a 1983 . If this car was at a show without the 1983 name on it, most people would just walk by and some would laugh at that back window.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread