From a quick look on the internerd:

The SRT8 creaked our scales at 4,234 pounds
Quarter mile time is 13.6 seconds at 105.8 mph

For the C5:
Weighs in at 3250lb
records a 4.8-second clocking to 60 mph
For a 2001, Quatermile time is 13.1 at 109mph

Does not appear faster to me.:D

So, it appears as though it is probably more down to the driver than the car and even if it is not quicker, it still has one heck of a cool factor to it and would not deter me from wanting one, or getting a ride in one some day.

Oh yah, you are definitely welcome to bring it out! I would love to see it....although this weather may not allow an outside meeting this week.

ya i wont beable to be attending tonight either guys is it suppose to snow there tonight??? im off work til tuesday all u guys are welcome to come on down to my cottage at White Bear its gonna be a good shindig all weekend long hell yah!!!

I don't think a fire barrel would have even helped tonight. I don't think anyone was out....damn snow. I couldn't make it as we are pushing to get our tractor finished. I'll have to see about next week as well. Boooooooooo

I could be wrong, but I think that was the first cancelled meeting in out history!! :mad:
The weather was so poor and we were all so frustrated that, to the best of my knowledge NO one was out not even at Maguires.:eek:

Heres hoping for next week

Brent

Alright, some bench racing!
From a quick look on the internerd:

The SRT8 creaked our scales at 4,234 pounds
Quarter mile time is 13.6 seconds at 105.8 mph

For the C5:
Weighs in at 3250lb
records a 4.8-second clocking to 60 mph
For a 2001, Quatermile time is 13.1 at 109mph

Does not appear faster to me.:D

So, it appears as though it is probably more down to the driver than the car and even if it is not quicker, it still has one heck of a cool factor to it and would not deter me from wanting one, or getting a ride in one some day.

Oh yah, you are definitely welcome to bring it out! I would love to see it....although this weather may not allow an outside meeting this week.

Since I have owned both at the same time..I can truely say both cars are identical in speed however I would give my SRT-8 the win depneding on the driver. :D
Snow, rain , dry or Sun! I am there with my Every day muscle car now pushing 440HP :D:seeya::canada:

Don't get me wrong..I love Corvettes and will own one again soon..Very soon!

Since I have owned both at the same time..I can truely say both cars are identical in speed however I would give my SRT-8 the win depneding on the driver. :D
Snow, rain , dry or Sun! I am there with my Every day muscle car now pushing 440HP :D:seeya::canada:

Don't get me wrong..I love Corvettes and will own one again soon..Very soon!

I really like the idea of an everyday muscle car. Somehow my 80hp '85 S-15 just doesn't cut it.:rofl: Maybe a Syclone someday, maybe an LS powered S-15. Best of luck on future Vette ownership, but until then, definitely bring out the 300.

took on 2 seperate SRT Chargers with my 02 TA WS6 chewed them up, i only really had exhaust system for hp upgrades First one was at a red light he had no chance at all and the other one was at a 60mph roll going up hill once again nothing at all lol Bench racing is fun and starts lots of arguments ha ha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread