This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Thursday MAY 14th GTG at Dairy Queen on 8th. 6:30pm

Alright, some bench racing!
From a quick look on the internerd:

The SRT8 creaked our scales at 4,234 pounds
Quarter mile time is 13.6 seconds at 105.8 mph

For the C5:
Weighs in at 3250lb
records a 4.8-second clocking to 60 mph
For a 2001, Quatermile time is 13.1 at 109mph

Does not appear faster to me.

So, it appears as though it is probably more down to the driver than the car and even if it is not quicker, it still has one heck of a cool factor to it and would not deter me from wanting one, or getting a ride in one some day.

Oh yah, you are definitely welcome to bring it out! I would love to see it....although this weather may not allow an outside meeting this week.

ya i wont beable to be attending tonight either guys is it suppose to snow there tonight??? im off work til tuesday all u guys are welcome to come on down to my cottage at White Bear its gonna be a good shindig all weekend long hell yah!!!

I don't think a fire barrel would have even helped tonight. I don't think anyone was out....damn snow. I couldn't make it as we are pushing to get our tractor finished. I'll have to see about next week as well. Boooooooooo

I could be wrong, but I think that was the first cancelled meeting in out history!!
The weather was so poor and we were all so frustrated that, to the best of my knowledge NO one was out not even at Maguires.

Heres hoping for next week

Brent

Since I have owned both at the same time..I can truely say both cars are identical in speed however I would give my SRT-8 the win depneding on the driver.
Snow, rain , dry or Sun! I am there with my Every day muscle car now pushing 440HP :seeya:

Don't get me wrong..I love Corvettes and will own one again soon..Very soon!

I really like the idea of an everyday muscle car. Somehow my 80hp '85 S-15 just doesn't cut it. Maybe a Syclone someday, maybe an LS powered S-15. Best of luck on future Vette ownership, but until then, definitely bring out the 300.

took on 2 seperate SRT Chargers with my 02 TA WS6 chewed them up, i only really had exhaust system for hp upgrades First one was at a red light he had no chance at all and the other one was at a 60mph roll going up hill once again nothing at all lol Bench racing is fun and starts lots of arguments ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread