Nov 13, 2009
Simcoe On
VetteCoins
Car
2008 4LT convert
i put this post up on the C6 section but it might be better here: my '08 has thrown a code, looks like the tps and it won't reset, has anyone had a similar problem? Yesterday she just quit at the end of my driveway, everything went dead ... waited for a few seconds and it restarted and showed low engine power then quit again .... got it restarted and it ran fine except the throttle response seems to have quite a lag ... any idea's? Kinda afraid to drive it very far, nobody here in Simcoe works on late model Vets to my knowledge so not sure what to do next.

Agree with the above. This issue I see with all these codes is they give you multiple options of what could be wrong. Some things are easily replaceable by the owner but my fear is throwing money at it in parts and not really knowing what the issue is.

Best of luck getting it sorted out.

thanks for the advice guys, talked to Dave at Race Ready and made an appointment, I rechecked with another code reader and got the code 0121 which indicates "throttle pedal position sensor" it's part of the accellerator pedal assembly part # 19417903, called GM and there is none to be had in Canada and the US parts are on strike so guess i have to wait....

Did you get this fixed?

thanks for the advice guys, talked to Dave at Race Ready and made an appointment, I rechecked with another code reader and got the code 0121 which indicates "throttle pedal position sensor" it's part of the accellerator pedal assembly part # 19417903, called GM and there is none to be had in Canada and the US parts are on strike so guess i have to wait....

Did you get this fixed?

update: We installed a new gas pedal in late October and it seemed to fix the problem, drove it home but the next time i went to go out it would start but not stay running very long, low engine power, low fuel level came on and it would die, was able to restart but the same thing happened ended up letting it sit over the winter. Took it to the GM store and they narrowed it down to the ECM which has now been replaced and so far it runs well, just got it back yesterday and haven't had it out for a good run yet due to this nasty weather. I will get it to Dave at race ready as soon as i can get in to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: hemicat