May 15, 2016
VetteCoins
Car
2009 C6 coupe
Met a nice guy that owns this beauty and he sounds like he might like to be our newest forum member...what a great day! The car show was amazing!
20160604_143014.jpg

Does everyone still cruise up and down main street on Saturday night? They changed things years ago and have not gone for a while. I used to book up the whole Three Hills Inn for a car club and it was a great time. Miss going to the show.

The car show is daytime Saturday, what happens after the show... the cruise night didn't seemed to be mentioned anymore.

been to it and seen 1200-1600 vehicles show up... was an awesome event.

Brian

Reactions: Tinman
Does everyone still cruise up and down main street on Saturday night? They changed things years ago and have not gone for a while. I used to book up the whole Three Hills Inn for a car club and it was a great time. Miss going to the show.

The car show is daytime Saturday, what happens after the show... the cruise night didn't seemed to be mentioned anymore.

been to it and seen 1200-1600 vehicles show up... was an awesome event.

Brian
Not sure what they do. There was soooo many people and it was hard to get from point a to point b. We wanted to go watch the drag racing after...but was just too hot out to do the show then the drags. They do the car show and drag races Saturday and Sunday.

OK

before it was a one day show...... car show 10-5 and cruise night started about 5-5:30 and went till 10-11 pm.... and I remember partying in places till 3-5 Sunday am.

The changed to a cruise ( not cruise night ) Friday night and drag racing Sunday... kinda a bit too many days to stretch things out with limited places to stay.

Was a fun time 10-25 years ago... not sure how it is now. .

B

Tinman, the wheels are sparkling! Great pics and wish I could have been there looks like it was a great turnout!

OK

before it was a one day show...... car show 10-5 and cruise night started about 5-5:30 and went till 10-11 pm.... and I remember partying in places till 3-5 Sunday am.

The changed to a cruise ( not cruise night ) Friday night and drag racing Sunday... kinda a bit too many days to stretch things out with limited places to stay.

Was a fun time 10-25 years ago... not sure how it is now. .

B

Well, that was my first trip to the show and my only regret was not going to the drag races after the show was over after 3ish pm. Just had to get out of the heat. Heard the races were supposed to go until 11 or midnight. And then do it all again on Sunday. Alot of the cars at the show even had tents up by their car or behind on the sidewalk. Hope to maybe go next year. Will get my fill of races this coming up weekend at Forestburg so I guess that's a bonus lol.

Tinman, the wheels are sparkling! Great pics and wish I could have been there looks like it was a great turnout!

Thanks rocky lol...I put alot of hours into them and the exhaust tips hehe. At least I know now I have the polished aluminum so no matter how hard I try I won't have the chrome brightness. But they ARE lighter haha. Still trying to figure out what works on the wheels for polish...even though they are aluminum I believe they all have a shot of clearcoat to inhibit corrosion. At least thats how I figured it after some googling. Could be wrong, so I ended up using a paint polish instead of aluminum.

The Three Hills show is a three day event now. They officially do the cruise on Friday night, and run up to Trochu and back. There's still cruising that goes on Saturday night, but these cruises haven't been as big as they have in the past. I remember years ago having bumper to bumper hot cars for hours and hours. Sadly, those days are gone for almost all of the shows now. :(

The Show 'n Shine is on Saturday, and they still get a lot of cars for that. I'm sure there were over 1,000 cars in the show, and a lot that were just parked around town without being entered in the show.

The 1/8th mile drags were on both Saturday and Sunday this year, instead of just on Sunday. Saturday kinda helps guys get their cars tested and tuned for the competition on Sunday, and Saturday evening is 'street' racing intended for the guys who just want to go out and have some fun and aren't super serious about going for a trophy on Sunday.

You can find out more information, pictures, and videos on the websites www.threehillscruise.ca and www.threehillsstreetfreaks.com

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.