MBb

I'm New Here
Dec 15, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
AB
What do you guys think of going 3LT Torch red with black seats and the yellow stitching and going with yellow callipers. Haven’t finalized the order yet can still change it what are you’re honest thoughts?

hmmmm have you seen one like that already? I would be concerned the yellow and red will bring to mind MacDonald’s. If I were going for red I would the do the new red mist tin coat and edge red calibers with a black interio/red stitching and belts. Or Torch red with a tan interior/ black stitchin/belts with red callipers. Good luck, it’s a tough decision...

What do you guys think of going 3LT Torch red with black seats and the yellow stitching and going with yellow callipers. Haven’t finalized the order yet can still change it what are you’re honest thoughts?
Honestly only matters what someone else thinks when you are acquiring this C8 and selling it to them.
Not unlike what GM Dealers will go through when the time comes for speculating a C8 for lot inventory.

Welcome to CCF with this first post of yours & should (when) this C8 be all yours to enjoy,
AB has plenty of opportunity for you to join in with Corvette-Driving Camaraderie.
Quite frankly, a hint of Yellow when with Red, can bring to mind a much much much more Expensive Yellow Logo on Red Ride.
So not for judgement other than to say ... just Go for It, make it yours and enjoy !!!

I do like the choice of black seats (not hot for me in the sun at all) and I like when not compromising away from the 3LT spec - jmo :thumbs:

... feel free to keep us posted ...

Last edited:
Reactions: frankmp
hmmmm have you seen one like that already? I would be concerned the yellow and red will bring to mind MacDonald’s. If I were going for red I would the do the new red mist tin coat and edge red calibers with a black interio/red stitching and belts. Or Torch red with a tan interior/ black stitchin/belts with red callipers. Good luck, it’s a tough decision...
Looks fine, I have seen a similar build, with yellow seat belts instead of the yellow stitching. Go for it.

The colour combos are a personal preference thing. No right or wrong. You do you. I have seen the red with the yellow calipers and it looks good. If you go with the natural dipped leather you would see a very 308GTB vibe. The black may be a nice contrast with the yellow stitching and seatbelts. Plug it into the visualizer and check out the 3D renders.

If your going HTC I'd rethink the black seats. IMO there are only 2 choices in seat colours. Black and red. lol. I chose red because black gets way too hot when exposed to the heat. When I take the top off, I leave it off until I get home so if I'm shopping and the sun is high the seats get way too hot. As does the center console so put a hat on the console.
The tan and grey seats are too light for a dirty guy like me so I chose red. Red and yellow go together nicely also.

Yellow stitching and calipers are not my jam. But if you are building the car for yourself, and are not fussed with re-sale marketability, spec it however you like.

I went back and forth on a few options, and in hindsight the only thing I would have changed was my wheel option. I should have just got the base wheels and either powder coated them, or turned to the aftermarket for something more fitting to my taste.

Actually it is because I would always tilt the seatbacks forward to shade the seat and back cushions if left in the sun with the top down. NOW... just thought of this... do the C8 seatbacks tilt fully forward?????
Nope! Wish they did. There is some storage behind the seats and it limits what you can put back there

Instantly, I thought of McDonalds as well, but every time someone makes that comment, you can just tell them, "I'm lovin' it.". :p

Give it a shot. Maybe it would look really good. One real thought is the yellow might get lost in the red, or could make that part of the seat look orange from far away. I have no idea. Just thinking out loud.

Shell, Lays, MacDonalds, Denny's, DHL ...
12bf39b060ca4dc5141015603aec7b1e.jpg

Best Buy, Ikea, Pokemon
ferrari-f12-v12-italian-beast-blue-clean-wheels-yellow-brakes-expression-automotive.jpg

YYSSW ... none of which has wheels ...

... perhaps don't do FedEx or NBC if thinking that way ... jmo

... definitely do Nike though ... :thumbs:
nike-e1548437447478.jpg

Reactions: JR410
This video intro shows the exterior configuration of what you're looking for. Looks pretty good..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.