Actually that is not bad as I bought a Toyota Celica Sunchaser in 1981. It was a coupe conversion, the base price of the Toyota was 12,000 and the sunchaser addition was 4,000. more A 33% upgrade.

Attachments

• DSC05736.JPG
    DSC05736.JPG
    550.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 1981 Celica Sunchaser.JPG
    1981 Celica Sunchaser.JPG
    262.8 KB · Views: 10
Convertible for me. I keep seeing this $100k number as it is some mythical barrier to ownership. Check out the price of a new 1 ton...my 2018 Ram 3500 had an msrp of $108k and it’s not a convertible.....I’m in for a convertible Z06 3lz in 2021 or 2022. I’m guessing just this side of $150k.

Does anyone know if it has roll bar etc? Would this comply for the many track requirements where a convertible with roll bars to be above the driver's helmet?

With tax at 13%, this will add another $10,000 to the basic price of the car. I still see GM selling lots of hardtops (folding tops) or whatever they're called. The C8 looks awesome either in coupe or convertible form. Some buyers will overlook the price for the joy of open top driving.

• Agree
Reactions: BDK
Does anyone know if it has roll bar etc? Would this comply for the many track requirements where a convertible with roll bars to be above the driver's helmet?

I imagine with the roof being hard instead of soft, a roll bar would not be necessary. Most tracks that I'm aware of allow you to run a convertile without a roll bar if you have a hard top.

Engine is covered with a heat shield held on w/16 screws...to protect roof from heat.
Intermediate roof position for engine service...double click of the key fob.
View attachment 32110
Although I seriously doubt any new C8 owners will be doing any maintenance work, that pic shows how much dealer techs are going to just love working on a convertible C8.

Mid engine would have been bad enough, now they will have to deal with a tiny hole to get in and access the engine/drivetrain. At least anything on the top of it. Hopefully (for the techs sake) most of it is open and accessible from the bottom.

Still, looks like a maintenance nightmare machine....ah well, mid engine compromises and all that jazz....

2lt Add 9900. to the 1lt price = 88,998 for the convertible
3lt Add 15400 to the 1lt price= 94,398 for the convertible..
My 2010 Grand Sport was listed at $ 104.000 in 2010 so the C8 2Lt convertible is $ 10,000 cheaper. I know a GS C8 would be more money but who needs it, just put on the fender hash marks

Reactions: BDK
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.