Jimmyb, I just built your car with the options you listed and the engine appearance package you want at $1,145 including freight and air tax it comes to $91,923. What else did you add to get your car to almost $110k?
With the engine appearance package it came out to $91,943 for me, so with 13% HST it’s $103,896. I expect ceramic coating to cost approx $2,500+HST, another $3000ish+HST for aftermarket wheels, so getting pretty close to the $110k mark once it’s all said and done. Plus I’ll likely want to get some misc accessories, cover, floor liners, etc... it’s a slippery slope

Hopefully you’ll complete your purchase before the Feds bring in the threatened 10% luxury car tax for anything over $100K. But that’s been touted for some time now and it never happens, so perhaps it won’t. I worry however about the government needing to refill its coffers after the COVID give-away, so I’d be surprised if it didn’t materialize.

Reactions: ABC
Hopefully you’ll complete your purchase before the Feds bring in the threatened 10% luxury car tax for anything over $100K. But that’s been touted for some time now and it never happens, so perhaps it won’t. I worry however about the government needing to refill its coffers after the COVID give-away, so I’d be surprised if it didn’t materialize.
My money is on the elimination of the capital gains exemption on principle residence. That and inheritance. The gap is huge and the pain is coming. Caymans looking better every day. Haha.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
They’ll be black but haven’t decided if they’ll be in a gloss, matte or satin finish... too many decisions, haha.

Murray, do you have a shot of your edge red calipers I could see?
Sure, If I had them. LOL. :D
I have black wheels and wanted black calipers.

IMG_20201005_124717a.jpg

They’ll be black but haven’t decided if they’ll be in a gloss, matte or satin finish... too many decisions, haha.

Murray, do you have a shot of your edge red calipers I could see?
Jimmy, this is the what I could find of some pictures of the edge red calipers. With the black tridents you can't get an entire shot of the caliper without the rim covering part of it. Hope this helps you a bit with your decision.

Attachments

• IMG_1558.jpg
    IMG_1558.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1376.jpg
    IMG_1376.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 21
Thanks for all the feedback everyone - definitely some good feedback to mull over the next couple of months.

And Murray, great looking C8 - I noticed you didn’t have the front license plate, do you put it in your window or just forgo it all together?
It's on my todo list Officer! Honest! ;)
It's in the frunk. I'll likely put it on eventually, but I do like the look without it. In case you didn't know there are several ways to mount it with out the plate bracket that comes with the car. Make sure your dealer doesn't use the plate bracket as it scratches the paint. I think there is another thread on here about it but we can go over it all again.

• Haha
It's on my todo list Officer! Honest! ;)
It's in the frunk. I'll likely put it on eventually, but I do like the look without it. In case you didn't know there are several ways to mount it with out the plate bracket that comes with the car. Make sure your dealer doesn't use the plate bracket as it scratches the paint. I think there is another thread on here about it but we can go over it all again.
True the plate bracket is up against the painted trim on the bumper, but I had the protective film placed at the dealer before picking up the car so the bracket is against the film and not directly on the paint. If you’re getting the film as well as the ceramic coat then should be fine.

True the plate bracket is up against the painted trim on the bumper, but I had the protective film placed at the dealer before picking up the car so the bracket is against the film and not directly on the paint. If you’re getting the film as well as the ceramic coat then should be fine.
The film is much too thin to depend on all the vibration the plate goes through. Many better ways to mount the plate IMO

True. I'll have to think about other options before summer comes
Ya, When you pop off the front cover where you mount the bracket there are holes for the plate already there, but it requires one to bend the plate.
I'm likely going to butcher the bracket and add stand offs and longer screws so it doesn't bend the plate.
There are also plate brackets that mount under the car and come up the front, but I believe they require screwing into the car where there are no holes already.
One might also be able to add standoffs to the provided plate bracket to keep it of the paint. Haven't checked into that option, but it might work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.