Aug 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2022 Z51 Coupe
Province
ON
Hi All,

Still likely a ways away from actually placing my order but wanted to get some feedback on my build:

2LT Coupe, White, Adrenaline red interior
Z51 package
Mag ride
Front lift
Carbon black painted back mirrors
Bright red calipers
Battery protection package

I’m also going to get aftermarket black wheels & have it ceramic coated, so all in I’m looking at just under $110k once it’s all said & done. I’ve given myself a budget of $100k, so pretty much not looking to go much beyond what I have but... well things always change right.

So one option that I’m going back & forth on is the engine appearance package... relative to the total cost it’s not that much more $$ but again $ is still $. For me the biggest appeal is the engine lighting... something that I’d prefer to have integrated vs an aftermarket option however it is only lighting.

Wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on this package & if there’s any other options I should be considering. Cheers

Your build is pretty much the same as mine, except I want torch red and didn't choose the front lift. So I consider you have the most desired options as it is. Regarding the engine appearance package, I decided to go aftermarket in the future if I want to, since can always be added later. The thing is... it keeps adding up, 2k$ here and there... and 90k$ becomes 100, 105, .... so you have to decide when to stop. The important are to choose right now the options you cannot add later.

So I consider you have a very good starting point with your build without the engine appearance package.

It’s a matter of preference but I’d go with the 2-tone red/black seats, instead of a solid red interior. I think the 2-tone “pops” and really completes the car. But I’m not a big fan of all red and prefer the red/black, followed by all black, so I’m obviously biased and it’s your choice to as to the look you want and what you’re looking to pay. Ideally you should sit in each type of interior to decide. There’s no right answer and it’s your car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt_Orleans
Hi All,

Still likely a ways away from actually placing my order but wanted to get some feedback on my build:

Z51 package
Mag ride
Front lift
Bright red calipers

I’m also going to get aftermarket black wheels & have it ceramic coated, so all in I’m looking at just under $110k once it’s all said & done. I’ve given myself a budget of $100k, so pretty much not looking to go much beyond what I have but... well things always change right.

So one option that I’m going back & forth on is the engine appearance package... relative to the total cost it’s not that much more $$ but again $ is still $. For me the biggest appeal is the engine lighting... something that I’d prefer to have integrated vs an aftermarket option however it is only lighting.

Wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on this package & if there’s any other options I should be considering. Cheers
Great build, it will be sweet, I have not seen the edge red callipers yet but wonder if the darker red would be cooler? Can’t go wrong either way. Love the adrenaline seats...

Hi All,

Z51 package
Mag ride
Front lift
Bright red calipers

Your build looks great! The only thing I would suggest looking at is the dual roof option. I hummed and hawed but did buy it and have no regrets. The transparent top lets in a lot of light and makes the cabin feel much more open and bright, without having to have the top off. I didn’t get the engine appearance package because, from what I understand, it only lights up when the trunk is open and there’s no switch to turn the lights on whenever you want.

Great sounding spec. I too struggled with all the option choices for what was important or not. Trying to build to a budget is impossible. I will say that I did not do the engine appearance pkg. but in hind sight, wish I had done it. Cost to retro fit is much higher than buying with the car. Enjoy.

I do prefer the 2 tone seats as well & unfortunately it was something I had to cut due to my budget... plus if I went with those I think it’d be more tempted to jump to a 3LT... slippery slope with these options!

I haven’t seen either caliper colours in person yet but my assumption is the bright red would pop more... there’s a black McLaren in my neighbourhood with (brighter) red calipers & they really jump out but again it could be because the car is black.

I’ve also been looking for the aftermarket carbon fibre pieces that are in the appearance package & agree they seem to cost as much/more then just going with the package... plus that doesn’t even cover the light. I also would be looking to swap the engine cover for a red one down the road - I’ve seen some Youtubers who’ve painted it themselves & it turned out ok, I figure I could attempt that & if it doesn’t tribe out just buy the red cover.

I like my interior. It's not all red, just the seats are all red. Plus I bought lighting that I can glue to the hatch that works with a remotre. Cost was less than 50 bucks

IMG_20200813_113810a.jpg

Reactions: jimmyb and ABC
That looks good Murray - definitely a lot brighter than it shows in the vehicle selector.

Did you go with red calipers? If so, edge red or bright red ?
No, I didn't. With black wheels I like the black calipers. But if I was I think the brighter red looks best on a red car. On white? hmmmm I'd lean towards edge red I think.

No. Mine has the sky cool grey interior but yes it’s ELB exterior. Thanks.
I guess the lighting and the window tint gave me the impression of Tension/Twilight Blue interior. Your car is gorgeous!

Reactions: ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.