Funny you mention this! My 2008 C6 made the same intermittent sound. It never did manifest into a problem though.
:Cheers2:
Me Too 002.jpg
Indy 2012, Lambo, Me, McClaren F1.jpg
IMG-20120531-00116.jpg

Just like Blu427 mentioned; I suspected the sound was from the heater core or its hoses. I thought there could be air in the system but I drove this car a lot of kilometers without any issue.
FYI. I sold the C6 many years ago and now own just the white C7 convertible.
:Cheers2:

Thank you for your help as well. My wife and I have two great cruises to go on before putting our C6 08 away for the winter on Oct. 10/, as we leave for Florida this year without it, shortly after. Will miss it for sure. During these cruises, we will listen for the gurgling sound and hopefully, it will be nothing. Hey, what year is your C7. Seriously thinking of adding one to the inventory. So the C6 in Florida and the C7 here. Like white coupes with black accents!

Had a VW Passat company car that developed a similar intermittent sound. Brought it in to the dealer and we drove it around a bit and finally got it to make the sound. They could not pinpoint it so I kept driving
Ended up being the coil was all scaled up - blocked.
Changed it out and problem solved.
Funny that I had asked a few years previously about flushing the rad and they said it was not necessary.
I have both my cars flushed every few years now.

Had a VW Passat company car that developed a similar intermittent sound. Brought it in to the dealer and we drove it around a bit and finally got it to make the sound. They could not pinpoint it so I kept driving
Ended up being the coil was all scaled up - blocked.
Changed it out and problem solved.
Funny that I had asked a few years previously about flushing the rad and they said it was not necessary.
I have both my cars flushed every few years now.
I was just thinking about doing a flush on the rad, so thank you for your info, I will put it on my fall list, as I continue to listen for gurgles. Pretty quiet this week.

It might help if the coil is not completely blocked. Mine was and needed to change it out
On a 7 hour drive today, with 17 beauties, corvettes of course, Fort Erie to Niagara on the Lake, continuing along the Welland Canal, west side, and ending at the Outlet Mall on the West side of the QEW. Great drive, led by our man Denis. Only heard the gurgling once, just after start up
Will flush the rad, regardless! Actual cruise was just 2 hours. The rest was personal, getting there and back etc.

Does the gurgling happen when you shut the car down? If so, it could be the AC coil ice melting and dripping on the exhaust which is a normal function.
No, it is usually upon start-up, really in 2nd to 4th gear, not loud or long, a couple of seconds. Not a regular sound, enough to make one wonder what it is. Thank you for your comment, I will add it to the list of possibilities.

Hi there I posted this on my C7 in a C7 thread…..and no one really had much to share, on what it might be. This is happening on 2017 C7 Z07 stage 3 package and the dealership had a look and just said it was low on coolant. They charged me for low collant and a top up. I drove it home let it sit a while. Started the car and the gurgling was still there and some have suggested air in the system.

Do I get them to do a flush, what are you referring to when you say the coil might be blocked do we mean the heater core or the radiator.This car only has 5,000 klm on it it is 2017 mint shape. I was concerned it was tracked by the previous owner but the dealership insist it was not. I had a fellow forum member send me the limp mode track issue on C7 Z06 but the dealer said there is no evidence of this. This recall requires the radiator to be upgraded so I again ask for anyone to chime in here. I fear a battle happening with the dealership. I purchased $8K of extended warranty so bring it on Chevy.

I just ran out of insurance have storage on it right now but I will take it in on a permit to have this dealt, so any idea’s or suggestions would be great to hear..Thanks all.

Hi there I posted this on my C7 in a C7 thread…..and no one really had much to share, on what it might be. This is happening on 2017 C7 Z07 stage 3 package and the dealership had a look and just said it was low on coolant. They charged me for low collant and a top up. I drove it home let it sit a while. Started the car and the gurgling was still there and some have suggested air in the system.

Do I get them to do a flush, what are you referring to when you say the coil might be blocked do we mean the heater core or the radiator.This car only has 5,000 klm on it it is 2017 mint shape. I was concerned it was tracked by the previous owner but the dealership insist it was not. I had a fellow forum member send me the limp mode track issue on C7 Z06 but the dealer said there is no evidence of this. This recall requires the radiator to be upgraded so I again ask for anyone to chime in here. I fear a battle happening with the dealership. I purchased $8K of extended warranty so bring it on Chevy.

I just ran out of insurance have storage on it right now but I will take it in on a permit to have this dealt, so any idea’s or suggestions would be great to hear..Thanks all.
'well, I got rid of my gurgle sound in the dash, and thank you all for your comments and help. It turned out to be the area, you put coolant in has the fill mark on the side and when hot, it was down 2 inches or so. We topped it up and for the first drive, it sounded again with a slight gurgle, but after 10 to 15 minutes, the gurgle was gone. Hmm so simple, but I was not worried,since there were no leaks showing on the garage floor. Of course the garage, said they had checked before. Hmm don't think so.

'well, I got rid of my gurgle sound in the dash, and thank you all for your comments and help. It turned out to be the area, you put coolant in has the fill mark on the side and when hot, it was down 2 inches or so. We topped it up and for the first drive, it sounded again with a slight gurgle, but after 10 to 15 minutes, the gurgle was gone. Hmm so simple, but I was not worried,since there were no leaks showing on the garage floor. Of course the garage, said they had checked before. Hmm don't think so.
Glad to hear that it was a simple and inexpensive fix.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.