Hello everyone,

was thinking of installing shorty headers in my 87. As the 87's have better heads then the previous C4 years, will short headers make any difference in performance? I hear people say they can pick up 5-10 hp. Any truth to that?
Also If I do choose to go in that direction, do I need to make any other modification in regards to clearance i.e smog pump delete?

Thanks
As far as I know the only

Hello everyone,

was thinking of installing shorty headers in my 87. As the 87's have better heads then the previous C4 years, will short headers make any difference in performance? I hear people say they can pick up 5-10 hp. Any truth to that?
Also If I do choose to go in that direction, do I need to make any other modification in regards to clearance i.e smog pump delete?

Thanks
It is not a big of enough gain to really feel a difference in torque. The other thought is that the original appearance of the engine gets altered

Reactions: SamNardi
It is not a big of enough gain to really feel a difference in torque. The other thought is that the original appearance of the engine gets altered
Thanks. From all the comments I got, it all points to me leaving it the way it is. What do you think of losing the center cat (upper cats already deleted) and installing a H pipe & true dual exhaust?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread