jason

I'm New Here
Sep 10, 2011
prince edward island
VetteCoins
Car
76 stingray
Hi all, need some advice on bleeding the brakes on my 76. I replaced all rotors, lines and calipers but still cannot feel good pedal. The calipers all have 3 bleeder screws. Is there a certain sequence i need to bleed them in?
Thanks in advance

Jason.

Bleed the passenger rear first, then the drivers side rear followed by the passenger front and drivers front. Use the upper most bleed screw as that is the direction the air is going to want to go.

If you want to go nuts, there are some systems that bleed from the calipers up to the master cylinder and apparently you only need one person to do it, go figure.

check the proportion valve

If you are having problems, it may be the proportion valve. I had to replace it on my 75, could not get any fluid to the rear calipers until I did.
You are supposed to be able to reset it, but I couldn't, so I just replaced it, once I did the brakes bled fine.

You are all on the right track here , the P-valve is the most likely culprit . Its easy to check by changing the lines around , if you are getting fluid to where you were not , than you will know for sure .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.