Oct 13, 2011
Ancaster, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 convertible
Just received the following email:

Hi Wayne!

We have received a few emails in the past couple of weeks asking about our car show this year.
We have decided not to have one in 2015.

We appreciate everyone's support over the past few years and will revisit this again in the future.

The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum will be having their car show in July. Below is more information.

We wish you a fun & good-weathered show season!

Sincerely,
Sarah Wills

It's very unfortunate, I loved the show and wish them all the luck in bringing it back in future years.

Too Many Shows and Cruises

As much as anything, I think it is a sign of the times and the economy. The smaller town cruise nights in our area have either shut down or are struggling with low attendance. People just hit their closest cruise night and no more. They are not travelling as far to attend. Same with car shows. The market is flooded with cruise nights and everyone and his brother is having a car show.
Pick your cruise night. Classic Car Cruise Nights in Ontario - Oxford Auto Sales, Mississauga, Ontario Since 1990
Car shows every weekend too. Choose Saturday or Sunday. I enjoy the local cruise nights as they are a social thing as much as anything. Car shows, well, something like the Autofest in Oshawa is enough to do me for the year. Over the years, it's become a kind of a "been there, done that" sort of thing. Any more we would just like to round up some friends for a Sunday drive, stop for lunch and carry on. I hope this isn't a sign that I am getting old and over the hill. I feel that way some days. :D

Come on down to Ontario Riley. We'll show you LOTS of cruise nights and car shows. A few years ago, just to say that we did it, we went to a different cruise night for a week. Once we fire the Corvette up in the spring, it will come back. With all the cold weather and losing two close friends a malaise has set in I'm afraid. Come on spring. I need a jump start.

some of the smaller shows/cruise nights had begun to treat participants as cash cows for local projects. people become fed up with constantly being pestered for donations, it's what happened here in buckhorn. the organizers had absolutely zero knowlege of or interest in classic cars, only in raising funds for an unpopular pet project of a local politician.

some of the smaller shows/cruise nights had begun to treat participants as cash cows for local projects. people become fed up with constantly being pestered for donations, it's what happened here in buckhorn. the organizers had absolutely zero knowlege of or interest in classic cars, only in raising funds for an unpopular pet project of a local politician.

Same thing goes on here. This is the biggest reason I have left the Corvette club. More interested in raising funds for a charity then being a club.

I don't really know why Will's have pulled out of this show. I believe it just took up too much of their time, with very little return for their investment.

But at least the show is still going on. We will see how it develops.

I got the email as well...it was a great show last year. One of the only ones I made it to. Not sure how they could have made money though as the food was mostly supplied by the museum. I used to plan shows with some old car clubs and even did my own shows for 5 years and can say its a lot of work...and weather is always a factor that's tough to swallow. One thing I hate though is charging admission for outdoor shows...make the money off pop and food sales and door prizes and hope for a break even, there is too much competition from regular cruise nights.

Hi guys - this show was completely in benefit for the museum. It was a lot of expense on our part and we did not benefit 1 cent - so hopefully people are not thinking we made money off of the shows.

The reason we are not having a show this year is simply because I do not have the time. I'm getting married within the next month and just bought a house, and want to enjoy my summer :)

Wishing you all the best, have a great summer!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.