Finally encountered a C8 while driving my Dark Blue 79, a white C8 on old HWY 16 in Barrhaven. I waved but sadly no wave back and he was an older guy like me. I did get a wave from a C5 on the same ride plus a wave from what I think was a 55 Olds.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Finally encountered a C8 while driving my Dark Blue 79, a white C8 on old HWY 16 in Barrhaven. I waved but sadly no wave back and he was an older guy like me. I did get a wave from a C5 on the same ride plus a wave from what I think was a 55 Olds.
I find its 50/50 in Ottawa. Ive seen that White C8 in BBQ-haven and no wave back as well

I have gotten limited waves back from C8 drivers. Many don't even turn their heads and look at another Vette on the road. Guessing most of these had or have no idea what a Corvette is or stands for. Tis a shame as the tried and true Corvette owners pretty much ALWAYS notice another Vette, regardless of year, and smile, flash lights and wave regularly. Regardless, I will always wave at every Vette I see, including the C8.

I believe the WAVE is alive and active at least here in Ontario ....... while on a 200 mile cruise Saturday in my C5 50th within cottage country we encountered 5 Vettes (C5, 7 & 8) and most beat me to the wave .... some two handers as well .... keeping it alive.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
When I meet a new C8 on the road, I'm not even sure whether it is a Corvette or some Italian look alike. The wave is alive and well in our area. I know I miss the odd Corvette, like if they are amongst some other cars on the road. Just because a guy or gal doesn't wave, it doesn't mean that they didn't want to. It's just best to wave and let things be what they are. I'm sure not losing any sleep if everyone doesn't wave back.

Just today, we were driving along and met a C5 Corvette amongst several other cars. I didn't see it until the last second but my wife did and she did the wave. With us older folk, watching the road comes first and everything else comes second. When you are 75, the old reflexes aren't what they used to be, so we have to be extra careful. We need a good wife co-pilot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.