May 3, 2018
Aurora
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
I’ve seen a few posts on the C8 thread about older gen C’s not giving the Wave.

My experience is completely opposite, driving my old 2019 C7, I’m finding very few drivers of new C8’s return the friendly gesture. I’m wondering if there are quite a few non-traditional Corvette purchasers (I.e. an older guy like me being fairly traditiona) who don’t want to acknowledge other Vettes.

Not bellyaching just puzzled a bit, personally I enjoyed the fleeting comradeship even of just a friendly wave or “V” through the windshield.

LLC

In Manitoba, I find similar, the new C8 owners hardly wave, all other gens will give a wave 90% of the time. It is definitely alive still, I just feel many who are buying the C8 (here anyways) are a different type of vette owner and/or don't know the wave history
I would really hope that is the reason and they're not C8 snobs. All they need to do is join CCF and they may come to appreciate all Corvette generations and the comradery that is attached. :)

I would really hope that is the reason and they're not C8 snobs. All they need to do is join CCF and they may come to appreciate all Corvette generations and the comradery that is attached. :)

I had no Idea of the wave history prior to looking into it, but I’ve always waved because I thought It was polite thing to do if someone is waving at me. Only time I dont is if I did notice them or I’m talking to me wife (and I do Not notice them lol).
I will say though I’m getting good at reading faces and can tell who will wave and not. Other day had a nice looking C7 coming at me, and could just tell guy would not wave back, and I was right

non-waver type have a look lol

First time Corvette owner (C8) so I had no idea about the wave, but always waved back when someone else in a Corvette waved. Now it's become habit.
I suspect the reason I don't see "the wave" from C8 drivers is perhaps reflected in the post from Harshadt. It's funny, in my youth I would talk to 'Vette owners (C2's and C3's at the time) and would sometimes (rarely) be offered a ride from a guy taking pity on a Vette-struck kid. They always waved, so I figured pretty quickly that waving was normal. Within 15 minutes of getting my first Corvette, a C7, I had a wave directed at me and waved back instantly....although it was difficult tearing my eyes away from the configurable displays and the interior of my new wheels LOL.

LLC

To be honest the waving is annoying …I don’t get it. we bought the same car or motorcycle , so? … no idea why we need to wave at each other . Worst thing is when you have multiple cars / Bikes ,no matter what you are driving /riding that day you can’t escape waving at someone . I wonder how many times someone gets distracted by waving and ends up having an accident

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
I was out for a ride on Sunday and got the most enthusiastic wave ever from another C3 (a 77 I think). I waved first and then got a double wave, full arms out riding a roller coaster type of wave from the driver and passenger! I haven't run into a C8 yet but I have gotten waves from C3, C4, C5, C6 and C7s. I don't think I have crossed paths with a C2 and I know I haven't seen a C1 yet either on the road but when I do I will try it.
I actually see more Vettes when I am driving my Equinox and I really have to fight the urge to wave.
Its just an expression of a hopefully shared enthusiasm, and with everyone trying to ban the internal combustion engine better enjoy it while we can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.