Aug 1, 2013
alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2022 rapid blue
Province
AB
my story in 4 parts
liked my 2019 C7 grand sport nd decided to buy it rather than a C 8 as none around to see and sit in
then wanted a C 8 but was not on any lists and gave an allocation away once I thought it would be years away
then got on a small dealer list # 8 and they get a couple a year
got calls from SPchev once a month offering me a new c8 at 40 over msrp, those calls get tiring eh
finally told by text and phone for SP chev to quit calling me with their bs calls

then decided to sell my c7 gs and be done with corvettes for a while,
old age, health concerns, grumpy personality changes (if that is possible) and so on, I was done
listed my c7 with a dealer friend this spring 6 weeks ago

THEN

a call from a young kid in Calgary with a c8 for sale, ya ya ya, have heard it all before
said before U start what colour and how much over MSRP, as I get these calls once a month
young fellow just rambled on as if I had said nothing and had a speech for me with options and so on

told him I would need to see the window sticker as that told me all I wanted to know
( love window stickers in a deal for my small mind to see in a glance what is up)
since it was before lunch nd I was watching tv and trying to PRACTISE control your temper exercises I waited and did some deep breathing

he then said the Color after many many proding attempts

Part 2 or chapter 2 in the corvette book series

he said rapid blue
it was then my heart started beating rapidly and I was not feeling blue anymore
i then said how much over MSRP

back into the sale speel he launched quicker than the z06 launch control button

5 minutes later and 6 requests for a price he said

MSRP, I dropped the phone, picked it up and said pardon me, it is MSRP/

yup, and I said now you have my attention I will buy it out money on visa right now then call me back to discuss further

OK

then I said what is the catch? there must be one as if it were not for bad luck I would have no luck

he said the dealer would like us to spend 4 or 5 grand on options to help out with the sale
ok started to fall off the rails when we discussed fabric protection ( yes condoms are needed in a car of this type)
wheel protection and tire protection

after puking in the bathroom for a few minutes I regained what little composure I had at the time and ventured on

there must be some other way yo give the dealer some profit so I timidly asked what others options were ther

we’ll much to my shugrin we discussed 3m or expel for the front end, full hood, a pillars and mirrors for 2700

ok next

extended warranty GM variety for 7 years and 100k for 3300 or so

INSERT COMMERCIAL HERE

so in the end I got a rapid blue 2lt with front end lift and more options for msrp of 104300 or so will have to get the window sticker
plus options and a second roof (as this came with only the transparent variety )for under 120g with taxes and 700 dealer fee

so got the expel and warranty for 4grand great price

they took my trade and I got 4 less than what I should have got in the secondary market but got the gst credit so close enough

waited for a 10 days to get this sorted out by emails and phone calls and arranging for gas in the c7 and time to go down

got a loan for 29g that cannot be paid off for 9 months
(there is a trick to this I will reveal in a later thread) to get around the interest

got it on a Friday and was supposed to meet my nephew on Saturday but he got drunk with his friends and didnt show up, his loss

will post pics later this weekend

wierd story I know

had resigned the fact corvettes we’re done for me for now, cruises were done and my pickup was to reign supreme once more

funny thing is my wife got the call to here cell phone and she said I was at home, call him there

she was a little surprised when I said I spent 120 grand this morning,when she got home

so selling our house in the country to pay for the car and move closer to the local hospital in case of rapid blue heart rate issues

so even the best laid plans of leaving the group got waylaid
more later my friends

Nice story and great way to "end" it: owning a new C8! When you complete part 4 I'm hoping you'll mention how long the entire process was: from getting the initial call to driving away in your Stingray.

Perhaps when I get my Z06, us Albertans on the Forums can meet up and swap more C8 stories...

... a brief and discrete journey into the C8 section to say Congrats Jeffy ... :thumbs:
(congrats on behalf of our overseas friend too - almost 3 years there now - wow)

... will see you in July when I wingman for Cody ... if not sooner (perhaps at my cabin) - let me know ...

so in the end I got a rapid blue 2lt with front end lift and more options for msrp of 104300 or so will have to get the window sticker
plus options and a second roof (as this came with only the transparent variety )for under 120g with taxes and 700 dealer fee

so got the expel and warranty for 4grand great price

they took my trade and I got 4 less than what I should have got in the secondary market but got the gst credit so close enough

waited for a 10 days to get this sorted out by emails and phone calls and arranging for gas in the c7 and time to go down

got a loan for 29g that cannot be paid off for 9 months
(there is a trick to this I will reveal in a later thread) to get around the interest

got it on a Friday and was supposed to meet my nephew on Saturday but he got drunk with his friends and didnt show up, his loss

will post pics later this weekend

wierd story I know

had resigned the fact corvettes we’re done for me for now, cruises were done and my pickup was to reign supreme once more

funny thing is my wife got the call to here cell phone and she said I was at home, call him there

she was a little surprised when I said I spent 120 grand this morning,when she got home

so selling our house in the country to pay for the car and move closer to the local hospital in case of rapid blue heart rate issues

so even the best laid plans of leaving the group got waylaid
more later my friends
So is the transparent roof up for sale?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.