Featured Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Desolate spot on that day Mike. Interest and indeed a sad story. I enjoy reading about peoples adventures in Death Valley and these places can be so very unforgiving, prepared or not.

Thanks for another episode of Alberta Tourism.:thumbs:

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Your a natural for a documentary series Mike. Alberta tourism should get you on retainer.
After the "art" thing last week the COC will likely not though. ;)

Very good job telling that sad story.

D

Your a natural for a documentary series Mike. Alberta tourism should get you on retainer.
After the "art" thing last week the COC will likely not though. ;)

Very good job telling that sad story.

D
Thanks Derek. By the amount of both radio and news coverage that thing is getting. I see it gone by Christmas. The various Native elders are beginning to make their displeasure known and I don't think this is going to go away anytime soon.

Funny thing is though. They say this display isn't quite finished yet. On the westbound lanes,heading out of town. They're going to build 4 mounds of decorative dirt. Supposed to resemble a Moraine. The debris a glacier leaves behind when it retreats. Can't wait !!

Reactions: ddgermann
Mounds of dirt... typical.

I expect you guys in Calgary would rather see some $$ spent on the culture of Calgary itself. Like the Flames new barn perhaps?

Rusted junkyard steel and mounds of dirt. Are we just getting old or is this just nonsense? Rhetorical...

:Beatdeadhorse:

D

IMG_2571.PNG

Reactions: ddgermann
Thanks Mike, Interesting story. Shame to jump back to reality and our politicians. I do agree that the Bowfort Towers nightmare should be taken down and put in storage with a couple other "Public Art" items. My favourite was the "Chrome Balls" that had to be put in a warehouse because reflected sun was burning people. What are some of these art people on? o_O:Confused5:o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread