BANNED
May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
I’ve been meaning to bring this up for awhile now. Like most here,I’ve driven my car at night many times. Or,with the headlights on. I had noticed this before but never thought of posting it here. My question is,

How many of you have noticed this softly glowing orange light emitting from the clip area on the passenger side visor ?

According to a post on the US forum,the manual on page 3-20 states this is to provide an ambient light over the shifter/cup holder area.

Janice had brought it up the other day coming back from LL when she moved the visor and a ring she wears caught the light and reflected towards her. Funny thing though,all the way home she kept looking at it with the most puzzled look.

According to other posts in aforementioned thread,the C5s have it as well. I covered mine briefly holding a microfibre rag over it and there is no noticeable difference. None whatsoever.

Take a look at your passenger side visors boys.

C9CD9C11-3CB4-4FAC-98B3-E4D3461C4FFD.jpeg
604A757B-C89B-4CCA-8151-90917F604817.jpeg

Mikey, rip that visor out right away, it is the aliens or google or one of those horrible companies/people spying on you. Don't delay they may know too much already. :Biggrin:

I don't have one in the visor, at least I don't think so but a very soft light in the Rear View Mirror that offers a soft glow of the cup holder (modified by NASCAR 03 I might add) and the shifter. I like it at night.

It's really not much of anything Mike. A brainwave by GM to provide a soft cabin light at night. Yours was the last year for it.
That’s what I read as well,it being the last year. Yeah,one of those gee whiz moments by an engineer on his coffee break after staring at a power light on a coffee maker. Lol.

... in the beginning the Corvette "G.." created heaven & earth with mountains and paved curvy roads ...
... and then came the Corvette
... Corvette "G.." said let there be light and then there was light :joyful:

... you found the light :thumbs:
And the Corvette gods spoketh to the disciple in question. They blessed a 2 week VAC to venture forth on said paved curvy mountain roads. To shareth the fruits captured through pics and video. To forever chase that elusive light. To seek out the finest cheeseburger. To hit the double apex left hander on Hwy 40 everytime.

Blessed be the Petro Canada and it’s beckoning 94 octane nectar less than 2 kms away. For its through them the adventures are possible. And if I may ...... 😂

My 2005 has the same ambient light but it wasn't working because one of the wires had detached from the bulb socket. I replaced it with a white LED and I really like it now. It's a bit bright when the dash lights are turned all the way up, but I usually keep the dash fairly dim and it works out to be about the right amount of ambient lighting, just a nice soft white glow.

Ambient lighting is popular in many models of cars in the mid to late 00s. The lights are often on the overhead console, and some cars have lower lighting around the dash, doors, and footwells.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread