Yea what we need is a car tha goes back to the affordable basics of a stripped 68 road runner...bench seat, taxi hubcaps.
The need to build them inexspensive and sell millions....damm there I go in a time warp again :eek:
2rq0lzn.jpg

Yup its a Hemi....not mine though:(
I remember in the 60's tons of these cars were cranked out and on the used car market in the early 70s you could pick them up for $500.
I had a few 68,69 Mustangs and Cougars that were picked up cheap and really took a beating...too bad they were major Rust buckets.
Vettes always seemed to be out of my price range and the sellers figured they were gold.

jigs up!!!! I own two vintage Mustangs as well as my 00 MN6 Coupe..
A fully restored 66 HiPo GT Coupe that I restored almost 20 years ago...and a 65 Shelby currently undergoing a full resto... (doing this with my 2 teeenage sons, spending alot of quality time/laughs together)... Mustangs were always a great bang for the buck but never had the mystique of the vette...I could never afford a vette until I turned 40...I'd like to do a C2/3 resto at some point but project cars are fairly pricey.....:driving:

Do you think Corvette owners have reputations for being snobs?

Les, you know that when we first hooked up with the GTA posse, I was really worried about everyone being a bunch of snobs and wankers. Never was the opposite more true! The GTA posse became an extended family and the friendships are amazingly deep. They have been with all of us in good times and bad. I am certain that this is not unique to the Vette world but it certainly is a breath of fresh air when you are an outsider lookng in and forming all of your impresions about what types of people drive these cars.

S'surfer--you're right. But the posse are passionate about cars. Doesn't matter what you show up in at the clubhouse, or at chapters.
First time there, we showed up in my wife's M-Roadster. Everyone was happy to answer questions about Vettes, and we bought my C6 shortly after.
I believe that anything that brings out passion in an adult is very, very special.

To be honest, I even own a 1990 Mustang, and the engine/tranny (as stated above) are bulletproof.

But it is all about brand loyalty, although as stated previously Ford makes nothing comparable to the Vette, therefore it's natural to chirp the next best thing (Mustang).

Luckily, I'm not very biased, I would drive anything (be it muscle, tuner... etc..) because every different car has something else to offer.

:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.