First time poster looking for some advice. The dealer has had my deposit since last June for a 2022 Red Mist 3LT HTC and I got the call last week that my order has been placed and has escalated to Event Code 3000 already. Excellent news and a great day as I have been patiently waiting. Or so I thought. The dealer is now telling me that they have to upfit the car with a carbon fibre Ground Effects kit (10k) and that I must pay for 3M and ceramic coating through the dealer or they will take over the order as a dealer allocation. I am very pleased that I may have a car coming but this very poor business IMO and I am at a point where I am considering walking away on principle alone. Three questions. If the order has been placed in my name I am assuming they cannot force me to purchase anything but the car unless I default on the order. Is this correct? Will the Corvette Concierge be able to tell me if the order is in my name? Is there any recourse or support that I might be able to receive from GM in this matter? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

First time poster looking for some advice. The dealer has had my deposit since last June for a 2022 Red Mist 3LT HTC and I got the call last week that my order has been placed and has escalated to Event Code 3000 already. Excellent news and a great day as I have been patiently waiting. Or so I thought. The dealer is now telling me that they have to upfit the car with a carbon fibre Ground Effects kit (10k) and that I must pay for 3M and ceramic coating through the dealer or they will take over the order as a dealer allocation. I am very pleased that I may have a car coming but this very poor business IMO and I am at a point where I am considering walking away on principle alone. Three questions. If the order has been placed in my name I am assuming they cannot force me to purchase anything but the car unless I default on the order. Is this correct? Will the Corvette Concierge be able to tell me if the order is in my name? Is there any recourse or support that I might be able to receive from GM in this matter? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Yes, call GM Customer Service and ask to speak with their Audit and Compliance Team (ask for Dawna see her information below).

"Contact our Customer Care Centre, toll-free at 1-800-263-3777 at your earliest convenience. I can be reached directly by entering option 1 when prompted. My direct extension is 5912924."

Tell her the dealership and she'll ask to see the deposit bill of sale etc. She'll also ask for any email communication.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Total bullshit scumbags

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
No argument there. Been waiting to own a vette since admiring my neighbours 57 convertible many years ago. I’m now in a position to own my own and it has been a very frustrating and disappointing experience thus far. Hope it all works out.

Just when we thought we have seen everything with dishonest dealers! Please let us know how you make out. I have a order with a dealership in London and from the start I was 21 on their list and I thought I might have it for late fall this year as I placed it a year ago and was ok to wait. I stopped by my local small dealer in Ingersoll and lucked out last September and placed a order with them and they got their allocation four weeks ago and my order is officially in with a build date for March 10 and delivery for mid April and no games just a great honest dealership to deal with. Good luck

Reactions: vinny's vette
That’s pretty sweet ride. Just put my order on a 22 last week same colour.

I got my 2020 at Hudsons, their allocation at that time was 6 per year.
I did not ask what their allotment is or what they are hoping to get for 2022. I picked up a 2020 that was a customers who backed out as well, ceramic matrix gray. Great cars

Order update. Been an eventful couple days. Followed up with Audit and Compliance and put them on notice that I felt unethical business practices were being carried out the dealership. Asked them to hold tight till I had one more conversation with the dealer to see where it went. Confirmed with Corvette Concierge that the build is indeed in my name which strengthened my position. Based on this I let the dealership know that I will not purchase the additional items they are requesting but that I would give them the opportunity to support on a few items I want such as 3M, Ceramic Coating, wheels etc. Also received a request from NCM yesterday morning to get details for the personalized plaque and best of all the dealership has moved on their position this afternoon so I am back to MSRP and the car has advanced to event code 3100! TPW coming soon I suspect. So I am 100% getting a car and hope has been restored that a positive relationship may be able to be salvaged.

RC Mike. That’s awesome on the Ingersoll dealership. Congratulations on the April delivery. I hope I am so lucky.

Murray20C8 thanks for the advice. Spoke to Dawna on Wednesday

Looks like things are going to work out after all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.