Feb 8, 2009
Waterloo
VetteCoins
Car
02 Z06
Okay, seriously now-that's it for me. I've gone, cam only, cam and heads, nitrous, blower only, blower, cam and heads, then I tried different blowers, then I tried out a few different stroker combo's and now finally-this is it-I'm done-no more mods for me. Time to drive it or sell it. Goals are simple-drive to the track(120km) and run low 9's@150+, then when the cool fall air arrives I'll see if I can put this car into the eights. I'd like to keep the "Canada's Fastest FI" car title:D. And this is no gutted race car either, it gets 22mpg on the highway and I'm taking it to Carlisle this year as well. It's got all the amenities and 900 rwhp under your right foot! I'll post up some dyno video's as soon as I get it on the rollers-like to see if I can break 950 rwhp. That's as long as I don't get too busy tuning everyone else's car:rofl:

almostdone-2.jpg

almostdone-1.jpg

Last years dyno sheet:

F1R2008-1-1.jpg

Only time I made it to the track last year-it blew the slicks off in first and second gear and ran a terrible 10.2@149.

Besides, if you get sick of modding your car, I'll trade you straight up and you can always start fresh on mine.:D

Riley if you had a C6Z06-I'd do it!

The beauty of it all is I can tell you what works and what doesn't. I've tried soooo many different things-some not so memorable stuff is trying every header brand out there-I can tell you one thing for sure on that-don't believe the HYPE!!!!!!

Mmmmm, not a C6, or a Z, so I think I am hooped. It's a good thing I love my car. You've tried a lot of different headers, have you tried fender stripes?:rofl: What about coated vs. non coated, and header wrap? How much does an x-pipe help?

Originally Posted by eb02z06
Okay, seriously now-that's it for me. I've gone, cam only, cam and heads, nitrous, blower only, blower, cam and heads, then I tried different blowers, then I tried out a few different stroker combo's and now finally-this is it-I'm done-no more mods for me. Time to drive it or sell it. Goals are simple-drive to the track(120km) and run low 9's@150+, then when the cool fall air arrives I'll see if I can put this car into the eights. I'd like to keep the "Canada's Fastest FI" car title. And this is no gutted race car either, it gets 22mpg on the highway and I'm taking it to Carlisle this year as well. It's got all the amenities and 900 rwhp under your right foot! I'll post up some dyno video's as soon as I get it on the rollers-like to see if I can break 950 rwhp. That's as long as I don't get too busy tuning everyone else's car

Some serious HP, how does the rear end hold up, and what did you do to it 3.73 gears?

Some serious HP, how does the rear end hold up, and what did you do to it 3.73 gears?

Hmm, let me see, well I've broken a total of 4 tranmissions and 4 rear ends. Then 2 years ago I took the car down to RPM and had it converted over to a automatic and I haven't broken anything since-knock on wood! It's good thing that I'm a dealer for RPM transmissions-lol!

Car still has the stock 3.42's( micropolished). IMHO, gears are a complete waste of money in these cars-all you end up doing is spinning your tires while the Honda's pass you by. Honestly the more power you make the less gear you need.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.