Mar 10, 2015
Kanata, ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z51
Long story short, me and sales menager at scherwood park Chevrolet, we agree on shipping my 2015 corvette by encloused transport done by Thorsons EWT. The cost of shipping from Edmonton to Ottawa is $3000, scherwood park chev will cover $2000. And I will pay $1000. They offer me an open transport at no cost to me but after talking to sales menager I have decided to add extra $1000 from my pocket to get it in encloused trailer. After all I have to say they stand up and did what promised to me,,, the trust with sherwood park is rebuild.
Thank you all for help and good advises. Big thanks to sales menager at Sherwood park chev.

I have never mention to them that I am a member on this forum and never will, that's way I feel free to write about my expiriance with them. Just to correct yesterday posts in case other people will be wonder what happen with all that mess, or consider them as there place to shop a C7, have decided to updated my story and not to drow people away from them. Sins we get to agreement and iam happy with them, have decided to straight this up.

Long story short, me and sales menager at scherwood park Chevrolet, we agree on shipping my 2015 corvette by encloused transport done by Thorsons EWT. The cost of shipping from Edmonton to Ottawa is $3000, scherwood park chev will cover $2000. And I will pay $1000. They offer me an open transport at no cost to me but after talking to sales menager I have decided to add extra $1000 from my pocket to get it in encloused trailer. After all I have to say they stand up and did what promised to me,,, the trust with sherwood park is rebuild.
Thank you all for help and good advises. Big thanks to sales menager at Sherwood park chev.

This long story got a happy ending. I am a little concern about 3000$ to take a car from Edmonton to Ottawa. In July 2012 TFX International carried my car in a encloused trailer from Vancouver to montreal for just over 2200$???

Excellent news, glad the dealer honoured the original agreement. Restores faith in humanity. Hope the corvette arrives soon and the weather warms up so we can all go out and enjoy our rides.

They leave the factory on an open trailer servive delivery all across the States. They ship with a factory car cover which I'm Sherwoor could leave on. Do you feel the extra $1,000.00 is worth it?

Hi 81Wayne, I know exactly what you mean about paying extra $1000 for having it delivered in encloused shipment, but have been waiting so long for it and want to make sure it will arrive in brand new condition. Edmonton to Ottawa almost 3600km distance to travel on open track makes me a bit nervous. I will have no chance to see the car before I pay my outstanding balance and when I do it's between me and the shipping company, deler have nothing to do with this, so paying that extra I don't know to me it is worth it.

Hi 81Wayne, I know exactly what you mean about paying extra $1000 for having it delivered in enclosed shipment, but have been waiting so long for it and want to make sure it will arrive in brand new condition. Edmonton to Ottawa almost 3600km distance to travel on open track makes me a bit nervous. I will have no chance to see the car before I pay my outstanding balance and when I do it's between me and the shipping company, dealer have nothing to do with this, so paying that extra I don't know to me it is worth it.

Hey everyone has a comfort level and I can respect yours. Do post pictures once you get it.

Cheers Wayne

Suggestion: All Sherwood is losing is 1 PDI count to their delivered count. Not like 1 car will make or break them for overall deliveries. Why not offer them $500.00 to drop ship your C7 to your nearest GM Dealer.

They save $2000.00 on shipping it back to you, they pick up another $500.00 from you and they're ahead $2500.00. That must be worth giving up 1 single PDI? Plus you get your car about 8 to 10 days sooner.

Not like they would get any service or future warranty claims out of you anyways. That would be TRUE customer service and help rebuild their reputation on here. I know if a store I felt did me wrong but in the end they make it right, then I have total respect and wouldn't hesitate to go back because they looked after me and made me happy customer. Plus I wouldn't have a problem now referring them to friends and family.

@81Wayne: the shipping address can not be changed once the order moves past status 2000. Even if the dealer wanted they couldn't change the destination to a different dealer. And hence at Gateway we require a minimum $5000 non-refundable deposit for such deliveries. The full payment is also required as soon as order gets accepted by GM -- Status 2000.

Something like this has to be coordinated in advance with the participating dealer so that all info is exactly as it should be on the order bench.

@81Wayne: the shipping address can not be changed once the order moves past status 2000. Even if the dealer wanted they couldn't change the destination to a different dealer. And hence at Gateway we require a minimum $5000 non-refundable deposit for such deliveries. The full payment is also required as soon as order gets accepted by GM -- Status 2000.

Something like this has to be coordinated in advance with the participating dealer so that all info is exactly as it should be on the order bench.

Well there you go shooting a big hole in my idea. I do appreciate the update. There is so much to learn about the whole ordering and delivery process. Again thanks for the clarification.
On another note Winnipeg had its 1st Z06 delivery in town today and the new owner brought it out to our first Friday night dinner run of the season. What an awesome looking car, Shark Gray, have to say I think I like it better then the old Cyber Gray.

I know it is prob real late but Tubmans just called me from Ottawa stating they just got a fully loaded Z51 in that they are interested in moving rather quickly...Kanata Guy. Thats only a few minutes from you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread