Picked up a set of Texas-Speed Ls3 heads ...

PRC LS3 & L92 CNC Ported Heads,

When all the pieces fall together this car is going to be a lot of fun, actually more fun. :D

Nice heads, I have used a few of PRC heads with nice results . Now you need a FAST 102 and port that 90mm tb :D

Make sure that you buy some ARP bolts as the GM bolts are stretch yeild, and therefore one time use only . I would also get a set of the Cometic head gaskets .

[email protected]

I was thinking the same thing about the bolts and head gaskets. The fast 102 intake is a little large for my set-up. So I've ordered a ported intake and throttlebody from a company called Vmax in Florida (I had an earlier post with the link to Vmax). My cam will be in this week, so I'm getting excited. The guy who's installing everything, said I should be comfortably around the 11.80's when its all said and done. Can't wait.

Nice heads, I have used a few of PRC heads with nice results . Now you need a FAST 102 and port that 90mm tb :D

Make sure that you buy some ARP bolts as the GM bolts are stretch yeild, and therefore one time use only . I would also get a set of the Cometic head gaskets .

[email protected]

I was thinking the same thing about the bolts and head gaskets. The fast 102 intake is a little large for my set-up. So I've ordered a ported intake and throttlebody from a company called Vmax in Florida (I had an earlier post with the link to Vmax). My cam will be in this week, so I'm getting excited. The guy who's installing everything, said I should be comfortably around the 11.80's when its all said and done. Can't wait.

Sounds like a its going to be a fun Vette .
If there is ever anything I can for you please look me up .Most of you have bought I either sell or do.

Thx
[email protected]
519-240-2601

Full works... I'm getting it dyno'd because I want to see the pre and post work numbers... As for the cam he won't give out the specs, it's custom grind, personally i want to know, but he doesn't want them out there...Can't wait ...
which cam are you putting in??? ur also dyno tuning i presume?

I'm not using the stock cam, however I've see dyno's that have shown a 09 c6 do over 350 RWHP, with the highest being 409 RWHP, which is a little hard to believe. I've been told that 360 to 380 RWHP is very plausible... And those number would make sense given that the gross hp for the ls3 is 430, so if you if you factor in, an automatic, which I have, the loss through the drive train could be as high as 50 hp... If i'm between 370 to 380 RWHP as a starting point, I'll be very pleased....

Looks like your going to have a very fast setup when done, good luck.
Go with the ARP bolts they are the best out there and a good gasket.

How much RWHP did they figure you will get out of her with the stock cam?

Last edited:
I would think with the cam, heads and tune you should be able to get 60 rwhp that should put you over 400rwhp.

This is some info from GM High-Tech Performance.

LS3 West Coast Cylinder Heads Swap - Head Games
Redline's Cam-Only '09 C6 Makes Over 518 RWHP With WCCH CNC LS3 Heads
April, 2009
By Scott Parker
Photography by Scott Parker

It has been dubbed by many as a mini-LS7, and for good reason. Bone stock, our '09 C6 tester made a whopping 406 rwhp
on Redline Motorsports' Dyno Dynamics rollers. With a big cam, Kooks 1 7/8-inch long tube headers, Borla exhaust, VaraRam
cold air intake and custom tune, output jumped to 483 rwhp, not to mention well over 400 lb-ft of torque.
We couldn't help but wonder what the LS3 would be capable of with a good set of CNC-ported stock heads.
Thankfully West Coast Cylinder Heads was more than happy to comply with our wishes, as they have been running a well
planned CNC program on the identical L92 heads for over a year now. With these bad boys we were confident Redline tech
Jon Bettini's C6 would hit 500 ponies.
Follow along as GMHTP makes another trip up to Redline's pristine Schenectady, NY shop.

0904gmhtp_26_z+dyno_results+new_header_dyno_results.jpg

With the LS3 all buttoned up, the C6 went back on the Dyno Dynamics rollers. Despite the size of the runners, the gains were
all across the board. It seemed to take a few pulls for the PCM to "learn," but eventually Howard tweaked the tune using EFILive
to get rid of some knock at the top end (most likely from the sizable bump in compression) and we had an LS7-shredding 518 hp
and 452 lb-ft of torque at the wheels. That's a gain of 36 hp and 30 lb-ft of torque. Not too shabby considering how good the
heads are from the factory, and that this is only a stock cube motor.

The LS3 is the engine to modify, you can get some huge HP figures out of the engine with some well planned mods.
I always wanted a LS7 Z06 but have been thinking the LS3 is a better option that you can then put the extra money
into and make more HP then the LS7 motor.

Last edited:
406 RWHP bone stock ... This is the article that I read, and have a hard time believing those numbers in stock condition. If those number are true and not a fabrication for that shop, then achieving 430+ RWHP, which is at the high end of my expectation will be easy to achieve.

I guestimate that with all the things I'm doing, with a baseline of 380 RWHP, achieving 420 RWHP should be a realistic goal. Anything over 420 RWHP would be gravy. :D

406 RWHP bone stock ... This is the article that I read, and have a hard time believing those numbers in stock condition. If those number are true and not a fabrication for that shop, then achieving 430+ RWHP, which is at the high end of my expectation will be easy to achieve.

I guestimate that with all the things I'm doing, with a baseline of 380 RWHP, achieving 420 RWHP should be a realistic goal. Anything over 420 RWHP would be gravy. :D

I did an 09 LS3 with LG Pro's / Vararam / and Corsa's with our tune, layed down 415 RWHP and 409 TQ . So with those heads I see no reason as to why you should not get over 420RWHP .

By the way this 09 holds the record for a non cam RWHP LS3

Thx
[email protected]

Last edited:

My C5 that was 350HP stock with my mods put down 435rwhp, so with your mods and a starting
point of 430hp there is no reason you should not be in the mid 400's with the mods you have talked about.
Anyways post up with a dyno sheet when she is all done, if you get into the mid 400s you will love the power! :D

Last edited:
My C5 that was 350HP stock with my mods put down 535rwhp, so with your mods and a starting
point of 430hp there is no reason you should not be in the mid 400's with the mods you have talked about.
Anyways post up with a dyno sheet when she is all done, if you get into the mid 400s you will love the power! :D

I think Greg mean's 435RWHP :rofl:

Well, if that's case, I'm looking forward to this summer, it's going to be a lot of fun. If I end up over 430 RWHP, I'll be ecstatic. What were all your numbers at the track?

I just want to say that I enjoy the interaction on this site, there seems to be a lot of quality/ knowledgeable individuals ...

This 09 was set-up for road track, so we have no 1/4 mile times . It has a full Pfadt race suspension and was corner weighted . This vette handles like a dream :D

Now in comparison the yellow 07 Z06 that we cammed last year ran the 1/4 at TMP @ 11.3 on the Goodyears . Its a 520RWHP car .

Thx
[email protected]

Good numbers ... We'll have to see what mine does when it's all put together...If I see consistent 11.8's on my street tires and rims, I'll be very happy...

This 09 was set-up for road track, so we have no 1/4 mile times . It has a full Pfadt race suspension and was corner weighted . This vette handles like a dream :D

Now in comparison the yellow 07 Z06 that we cammed last year ran the 1/4 at TMP @ 11.3 on the Goodyears . Its a 520RWHP car .

Thx
[email protected]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.