In support of "can't change a 23 to a 24", I had to work with the dealer (in person) to completely re-enter all the choices and options when I had the sit down meeting to submit my order back in August. We were able to match, select all the same 2023 options and choices, to the "new" 2024 model year build, but yes, I don't think he could have just changed my 2023 build to a 2024 with a single click. It had to be done over from scratch.
I hear you. I did submit my second and final revision using a link to the build and price for a 2024 which was acknowledged by my dealer and which he indicated had been submitted to GM . So it wasn’t really a “ change it to a 2024 “ scenario . Don’t really know what more I could have done.

Reactions: KTJF
I hear you. I did submit my second and final revision using a link to the build and price for a 2024 which was acknowledged by my dealer and which he indicated had been submitted to GM . So it wasn’t really a “ change it to a 2024 “ scenario . Don’t really know what more I could have done.
Sorry man, I was supporting Murray's comment that you can't just magically transform a 2023 order into a 2024 with one click.
Not criticizing anything you did, as it sounds as though you sent them what they needed to do the 2024 order, and they screwed up, and have taken responsibility.
Short of a 1500km drive to Edmonton, to do the order in person, there wasn't much more you could have done.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Sorry man, I was supporting Murray's comment that you can't just magically transform a 2023 order into a 2024 with one click.
Not criticizing anything you did, as it sounds as though you sent them what they needed to do the 2024 order, and they screwed up, and have taken responsibility.
Short of a 1500km drive to Edmonton, to do the order in person, there wasn't much more you could have done.
I completely understand no need to apologize at all. I think Murray may have misunderstood my poor description of what transpired. Anyway they just contacted me for the second time today and we will reorder the car . He is very confident that it will be here by the end of April , depending on constraints of course, which is as soon as I could use it anyway. They will have over 80 allocations this year so apparently no problem there. The one that was just built is expected to be in Edmonton on October 26 though . They will have no problem moving that unit. Maybe someone on the forum here might be interested . And we have snow forecast for Thursday night so I definitely wouldn’t be driving it this year anyway.

Reactions: MKC8
I completely understand no need to apologize at all. I think Murray may have misunderstood my poor description of what transpired. Anyway they just contacted me for the second time today and we will reorder the car . He is very confident that it will be here by the end of April , depending on constraints of course, which is as soon as I could use it anyway. They will have over 80 allocations this year so apparently no problem there. The one that was just built is expected to be in Edmonton on October 26 though . They will have no problem moving that unit. Maybe someone on the forum here might be interested . And we have snow forecast for Thursday night so I definitely wouldn’t be driving it this year anyway.
Hmmmm, got me to thinking, wonder if that's a GM/Chev dealer workaround for the "can't order lot stock" for some scarce allocation models?
Take an order, change it around just enough to make it noticeably wrong, let the owner decide keep or pass but offer a fair re-order option, owner will pass and re-order, and when the wrong ordered car arrives, sell it on the open market for whatever it will fetch?
Nudge, nudge, wink, wink?
OK, I'm going outside to play now......

Hmmmm, got me to thinking, wonder if that's a GM/Chev dealer workaround for the "can't order lot stock" for some scarce allocation models?
Take an order, change it around just enough to make it noticeably wrong, let the owner decide keep or pass but offer a fair re-order option, owner will pass and re-order, and when the wrong ordered car arrives, sell it on the open market for whatever it will fetch?
Nudge, nudge, wink, wink?
OK, I'm going outside to play now......
A nod’s as good as a wink to a blind bat . Although I have noticed several very low mileage units available from them as well as one described as a demonstrator I’m not so sure about the work around angle although you never know. But in this instance I pretty sure it’s what it appears to be. Also they only sell Corvette’s at MSRP with a $2,000 deposit. Another reason I chose them.

So, once again I want to make it clear to everyone that having a Workbench order number DOES matter. Yours is a case in point. I understand why dealers don't want to enter every order into Workbench and perhaps the reasons for not doing so outway the reasons to, but surely when the time is close to a person allocation, it's time to enter it and send the customer a copy. Then any mistakes can be corrected before the allocation is assigned. I urge you and others not to be satisfied without an order number if you feel you are close to getting an allocation. In fact since yours was screwed and they know you are earnest in your order, they should put it into Workbench now and give you the order number and a copy of the order.

Reactions: JOHNNY MAC
So, once again I want to make it clear to everyone that having a Workbench order number DOES matter. Yours is a case in point. I understand why dealers don't want to enter every order into Workbench and perhaps the reasons for not doing so outway the reasons to, but surely when the time is close to a person allocation, it's time to enter it and send the customer a copy. Then any mistakes can be corrected before the allocation is assigned. I urge you and others not to be satisfied without an order number if you feel you are close to getting an allocation. In fact since yours was screwed and they know you are earnest in your order, they should put it into Workbench now and give you the order number and a copy of the order.
Believe me this time around I will make sure that it is chiseled in stone. I was given an order number if you mean the 6 letter one and would that have been the Workbench order number? But for some reason the second, and final revision did not get built when they changed the order to a 2024 . Even though I was told at the time that the second, revised version was submitted to GM at the time that the order was changed to a 2024 they built based on the original spec which was for a 2023 . I seriously doubt that they will leave any t’s uncrossed this time around. I will make sure of that to the best of my limited ability. I have to go take an Advil now. Thanks again for all your help, much appreciated.

Reactions: MKC8 and Murray20c8
Believe me this time around I will make sure that it is chiseled in stone. I was given an order number if you mean the 6 letter one and would that have been the Workbench order number? But for some reason the second, and final revision did not get built when they changed the order to a 2024 . Even though I was told at the time that the second, revised version was submitted to GM at the time that the order was changed to a 2024 they built based on the original spec which was for a 2023 . I seriously doubt that they will leave any t’s uncrossed this time around. I will make sure of that to the best of my limited ability. I have to go take an Advil now. Thanks again for all your help, much appreciated.
Yes, you got the first Workbench order number, but not the second one. Of course that is where the Fup happened. It's not the number that's really important it's the order itself that displays all the options.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Yes, you got the first Workbench order number, but not the second one. Of course that is where the Fup happened. It's not the number that's really important it's the order itself that displays all the options.
It’s kind of obvious that there we no cross checks done. Left hand right hand.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.