Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
As part of the migration process and as I mentioned a few times prior certain CCF features will NOT be migrated to the new forum platform immediately or at all.

Those features will need to be removed and all associated data deleted prior to the upgrade. I am providing a timeline and possible interim alternative if one exists.

The features that we will be removing are:

1. Classifieds -> will be removed THIS WEEK. Recommend you DO NOT USE. This will be replaced in next 30-60 days on new platform, in the interim I will re-enable posting in our classifieds forums so you can post items manually and feel old skool about it. Creation of new classifieds will be disabled immediately. You do not need to do anything, all classifieds will be deleted when I take it out.

2. Groups/Clubs -> will be removed THIS WEEK. Given this isn't a popular feature I'm evaluating whether to put resources into updating it. No alternative exists.

3. Events -> Will be removed THIS WEEKEND. Recommend you utilize the new Corvette Zone (corvette.zone) user event submission feature that is currently nearing completion. I will migrate existing events from CCF over to it. If you have events you'd like me to post now shoot me a PM. We will have a Birthday Calendar feature on new CCF and all events on Corvette Zone will be automatically posted here so all is not lost.

4. MOTM -> Will kiss it goodbye this week but not forever, it's on my TO DO list for the next couple of months. I will chat with the mods to see if we can run a manual competition (provided we get more votes). Given low voter count on this I will leave it for open commentary. I'd rather not waste our mods' time if no one is interested.

5. User Maps -> Will be replaced but not immediately. Will be removed this WEEKEND

Nik and Moderators re MOTM. I will say that I love photographs and we have some very good photographers on this site, some border on professional. That said, and I can only speak for myself is that I forget about the MOTM until Nik tells us time is nearly up. Usually too late to make much difference to the vote count.

So I am wondering if you could have an actual thread titled Media of The Month. Say five days before the end of the month announce that voting is open and see what happens. That tread would then be closed and a new one started. Just a thought.

Love the photographs and think they are important to the site.

Nik and Moderators re MOTM. I will say that I love photographs and we have some very good photographers on this site, some border on professional. That said, and I can only speak for myself is that I forget about the MOTM until Nik tells us time is nearly up. Usually too late to make much difference to the vote count.

So I am wondering if you could have an actual thread titled Media of The Month. Say five days before the end of the month announce that voting is open and see what happens. That tread would then be closed and a new one started. Just a thought.

Unless I misunderstand Niks upgrade Murray, the Media section for members to post photographs will still be in place as part of the forum. It's only the MOTM competition that is in jeopardy. And you would be surprised how much difference your late vote would make. We typically get fewer than three or so votes most months.

Thanks for jumping in here and presenting your ideas and suggestions as well.

To that end, I also would really like to hear some more members chime in on this subject and present their feelings or ideas on the MOTM competition. This is your forum guys and girls so don't hesitate to speak up.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I'm definitely interested in keeping the motm or similar competitions but in reality we get fewer than 6 votes on the best of months. I am aware that we can do better to promote it or indeed restructure it again to make it easier. Just short on ideas. I don't really want to spam members with emails about every thing but maybe once we get a monthly newsletter going we can put a mention there.

Don't know.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I'm definitely interested in keeping the motm or similar competitions but in reality we get fewer than 6 votes on the best of months. I am aware that we can do better to promote it or indeed restructure it again to make it easier. Just short on ideas. I don't really want to spam members with emails about every thing but maybe once we get a monthly newsletter going we can put a mention there.

Don't know.

I like the MOTM but admit I haven’t voted every month either.
Being winter it’s expected to see less photos of the cars doing much more than looking lonely covered up in garages. Although the number of voters in the summer is really low to continue supporting the feature.
It’s not overly complicated to put in a picture or vote but takes a trip to the media section to do it. Is it possible for us to vote out of a thread as well Nik?
That would likely ramp up the number of votes significantly.
Just a thought.

D

Unless I misunderstand Niks upgrade Murray, the Media section for members to post photographs will still be in place as part of the forum. It's only the MOTM competition that is in jeopardy. And you would be surprised how much difference your late vote would make. We typically get fewer than three or so votes most months. Thanks for jumping in here and presenting your ideas and suggestions as well. To that end, I also would really like to hear some more members chime in on this subject and present their feelings or ideas on the MOTM competition. This is your forum guys and girls so don't hesitate to speak up.

I enjoy the pictures section but could care less about the MOTM and never vote. I am not sure what the actual value of having it is to be honest.

I like the MOTM feature and will be sad to see it on hiatus for (hopefully) a short while.

Would it be feasible to have just one picture per month,per user to vote on? I think there are too many pics to choose from,mine that have won included. Other than that,I like the feature and it’s refreshing to see the different “poses” we’ve had our cars in. I will miss it.

Reactions: ddgermann
Alright, now that Corvette Zone has somewhat stabilized and open for business attention goes back to CCF upgrade. I will be targeting the upgrade this coming week. Will give you guys some notice.

Now that I've completed a lot of the prep work I'm estimating the outage to be not as long as expected, a few hours at most unless something goes horribly wrong which it will do when I'm not looking.

I'll put up notices ahead of time, you can also follow CCF on twitter (Corvette Forums (@CorvetteForums) | Twitter) and Facebook (Canadian Corvette Forums) in case you want to keep abreast with the latest (or indeed if delays happen and I can't update you on here).