Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
Reactions: turbozig
2014+ C7 Corvette Sway Bar Set from Hotchkis Sport Suspension - HOTCHKIS SPORT SUSPENSION SYSTEMS, PARTS, AND COMPLETE BOLT-IN PACKAGES

This is what I am considering having installed on my C7. Car comes with front one; so, wanted to get one installed in rear: Graham suggested I install matched pair for best results NOT just a rear one?

Comment please. Graham's suggestion makes sense to me.

James, this looks like a very nice upgrade for your car. I do like that the rear sway bar has 3 adjustment settings, great feature. I also agree with Graham on replacing them as a set, very reasonable price, go for it.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Do you have mag ride? I haven't looked into it at all, but I would think if you start making suspension changes with mag ride, you might as well throw all that GM tuning out the window.

Interesting point. Definitely should be considered. Especially after spending the money on the update flash for the suspension.

Well my Hotchkis #22117 Sport Sway Bar kit arrived on Friday. My Pfadt end-links left on Thurs.; so, I should have everything to get the sway bar kit installed very soon.. The end-links were recommended as a good match for the new sway bars. This is not an inexpensive endeavor? I can't believe what either costs; especially, the end links? The sway bars certainly have a lot more beef than the current front one (front only). I thought about lowering the car? I have to be careful with my sloping driveway (front already hits a bit -the piece that hangs down); so, looks like that is out of the question? I had a really good shop in North Vancouver do a complete detailing job - clay bar, added some nice black accents: around the side louvers, black out the "stingray", added a black strip - carry from the hood air in-take back to the edge at the windshield and darkening the four light markers and he did a ceramic coat of the entire car gratis! It looks subtle but quite amazing with the black accents. Total cost was $1000.00. I hope everyone is doing well? My tennis club is open with crazy rules for now as are some of the golf clubs.

Well my Hotchkis #22117 Sport Sway Bar kit arrived on Friday. My Pfadt end-links left on Thurs.; so, I should have everything to get the sway bar kit installed very soon.. The end-links were recommended as a good match for the new sway bars. This is not an inexpensive endeavor? I can't believe what either costs; especially, the end links? The sway bars certainly have a lot more beef than the current front one (front only). I thought about lowering the car? I have to be careful with my sloping driveway (front already hits a bit -the piece that hangs down); so, looks like that is out of the question? I had a really good shop in North Vancouver do a complete detailing job - clay bar, added some nice black accents: around the side louvers, black out the "stingray", added a black strip - carry from the hood air in-take back to the edge at the windshield and darkening the four light markers and he did a ceramic coat of the entire car gratis! It looks subtle but quite amazing with the black accents. Total cost was $1000.00. I hope everyone is doing well? My tennis club is open with crazy rules for now as are some of the golf clubs.

Sounds very interesting James. I definitely would like to hear your impressions on the car's stability when you get the new bar installed. Too bad we can't see your new look in a few pictures. Can we? 😂

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
Sounds very interesting James. I definitely would like to hear your impressions on the car's stability when you get the new bar installed. Too bad we can't see your new look in a few pictures. Can we? 😂
Derek, the pics are not in a file: done by the shop that did the work; so, not sure they would do it justice? I will do a snip and sketch: black out silver grill piece, hood extension in black, stingray & side piece accented aand "corvette darkened. Can't show the marker lights. I was thinking of getting the wheels 100% black??

1590277127892.png

1590277205712.png

1590277281422.png

1590277353109.png

Yes those black accents work real well on your car. The chrome strip in C7 Stingray the grills I will never understand. I like your wheels but sure all black will always work for me too. Well done!

Yes those black accents work real well on your car. The chrome strip in C7 Stingray the grills I will never understand. I like your wheels but sure all black will always work for me too. Well done!
Thanks Derek. It looks better in real life: maybe next year? - I wear the black cap you gave us all the time - love it!!:Cheers2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.