Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
I have a never framed limited edition print of the "Chaparral 2 Evolution" of the Can Am Racers by Canadian Artist Kane Rogers up for Christmas Auction. It is print number 15/500 measuring 24" x 18" and is hand signed by both the late Phil Hill and Chaparral designer/racer Jim Hall. All Chevrolet Powered.

I am going to put a minimum bid on and will let you know when that minimum is reached. If it does not reach the minimum I will donate the same amount to the CCF. I will cover the shipping costs to the winner of the auction.

Not the best picture but it will give you some idea just how good it will look in your den or garage. You know you have to have it so don't be shy about bidding. It is Christmas after all. Auction closes December 24/16 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern. Once Nik advises the funds were transferred I will ship the print (well maybe not on Christmas day). Come on guys, this was an American $ very expensive print and you absolutely cannot go into 2017 without it hanging on your wall.

Crappy picture but you get the idea.

9gKyxz4l.jpg

I also say thanks Murray. Great to see support for the forum.

I don't think those are paperweights Graham. I'm pretty certain they are included with the print. :rolleyes:

Wow, Murray I'm truly touched to see you do this. I'm sure I speak for the entire CCF staff when I say THANK YOU. It's people like yourself and many others here who keep our CCF community alive and thriving.

Thanks again and let me know if anyone has bid silently on this and messaged you or if there's anything else I can help with.

Reactions: Riley P
Nik, Riley, Rob and Colin I really hope this print sells so we can continue to support the Canadian Corvette Forum. It is a unique place in the world of internet forums and certainly well worth whatever support we can give. What you guys do is appreciated.:thumbs:

Jim Hall really was a genius and was one of the fore runners of using of composite materials. He took the 2 series tub using it as a Can Am Car as well as an Endurance Racer. Phil Hill, America's first F1 Champion drove extensively for Hall, there was a lot of talent on the Chaparral Team. Hall ended his career as a driver with a spectacular crash at the Star Dust Can Am Race in Las Vegas. Miracle he survived. He is a very talented man.

I can see this print hanging in a few "man caves" that have been on occasion shown up on these pages.

Last edited:
This is very generous from you Murray, not sure I fully understand the way the auction is working. Is there another link and the highest bidder will win or the highest donation to the forum will get it? My english isn't that good so i get lost easily

Stephane

I am not a racing aficionado.... nor am I familiar with either Phil Hill or Jim Hall.... but Christmas Auctions that support a good cause typically command more than what the item is worth. I am broke as well but this print retails for way more than it's current bid. This is a very popular print that has recently been re-printed again but not with hand signed signatures obviously... Murray's print is one of the original 500 run with original signatures... Racing aficionado or not I have to throw my hat in too... $ 100.00.

Just in case you're wondering, here is the American $ value of this print....

Chapparal 2.jpg

I have only seen this thread now and must apologize for my lack of presence on the forum lately. Murray, my sentiments follow Nik's. That is so wonderful what you are doing and what a phenomenal way to support the forum. Thank you so much!!!! I means a lot to us and is so nice to hear about how much people enjoy the forum.

Just a reminder that bidding will close on the Chaparral Print at 9:00 p.m. Eastern December 24, 2016. This has been a lot of fun with some very generous bidding. Still time to play Santa for yourself and get more bids in. All for a good cause supporting this forum.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day and Nik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread