Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
There is a current thread regarding headers, cams, etc., with a price tag north of $10k. Any opinions on the Magnusson Heartbeat supercharger and leaving the rest of the engine virtually stock. Quote I recieved was $14k and that will net about 120 rwhp. I am putting on a Corsa Sport axleback next month and considering going this route for more “jam”. Thanks in advance.

There is a current thread regarding headers, cams, etc., with a price tag north of $10k. Any opinions on the Magnusson Heartbeat supercharger and leaving the rest of the engine virtually stock. Quote I recieved was $14k and that will net about 120 rwhp. I am putting on a Corsa Sport axleback next month and considering going this route for more “jam”. Thanks in advance.

@Rick9456 put a Magnussn Heartbeat on his C7 a year and change ago. Not sure what else he had done.

@Rick9456 maybe at the Ponoka Meet in a few weeks ... Join us @Cariboocreek ... We will have a cruise from Calgary setting up (likely meeting in Airdrie or at A&W across from Cross Iron Mills)

yes ... Calgary launch and red deer rendezvous is in the planning ... will post it soon so that everyone has a good head-up on it :thumbs:

I'll be there for sure. Is the Calgary group stopping in Reddeer?

I went with the TVS 2300 heartbeat SC. AR headers and x pipe, stock
mufflers. Just under 20k installed. It added about 150 hp to rwhp and a ton of torque 616 rwt.
lots of fun ...
Are you happy with its driveability? Reliability?

Thanks.

Yes, @Rick9456 is the guy you want to talk to about the SC.

I would also suggest the full exhaust route - Longtube headers make a noticeable difference in torque and sound. The Corsa-Sport is also highly recommended.

I will tell you from experience, and some may argue and that's fine, but once you start changing internal parts you will cross into a plane of not just driving and enjoying your car, but working and wrenching on it all the time too. For some people, this is great! It is like building Lego or models, except for adults!

Lots of people don't want that kind of involvement though, and if you just want something that is reliable and fast, here are my suggestions:

Cheap (not really, but relatively):
ARH or Kooks longtube headers. 1-3/4 if you will never go forced-induction, otherwise just get the 1-7/8 and know that you have room to expand later on. Off-road X-pipe, and your choice of whether you want cats or not. For those in other provinces that don't have a choice, you will of course use high-flow cats. Three inch piping would be best, but you don't necessarily need to replace the entire exhaust system. Headers, X-pipe with or without cats, back into the stock exhaust, and then change the axle-back muffler and tailpipes.

Corsa Sport Axle-back. Even at idle, they make a more pronounced sound than stock, but most people will not know the difference in volume if there is any. Completely reasonable volume and still a nice sound driving like a normal human being. Open the throttle, and it starts to sound like a racecar. This isn't a great example because my camera is in a protective case that causes echo and exaggerates the rasp :
The car is idling already at the start of the video, but you can't hear it because I am beside the car, and not behind the exhaust pipes. That's pretty damn quiet. When he lets out, you can't hear it any more.

Cold Air Intake. This is a point that is often argued, and is often done in addition to other parts, so who really knows what the true gains are? I have always seen gains on previous cars, so I did it anyway. The most important thing to consider with this modification is how close it can get to sucking water into your engine if it rains. Do NOT mess with this. Make sure that it is high enough to avoid puddles or planing water from the tires.

If you still need more power, you need to make a choice. Do you want power and reliability, or do you just want as much power as it can make, and are willing to spend as much time and/or money as it will take?

The supercharger is the way to go. Bang for the buck, it really can't be beat, and the internals all stay the same. 100-120 hp easy, and just as reliable as stock (as long as it stays cool), so it will last forever under regular driving conditions.

I could (and maybe even should) post up some stories about modifying the internal components of these engines and what kind of heartache it can cause. But that is another story.

Last edited:
Yes, @Rick9456 is the guy you want to talk to about the SC.

I would also suggest the full exhaust route - Longtube headers make a noticeable difference in torque and sound. The Corsa-Sport is also highly recommended.

I will tell you from experience, and some may argue and that's fine, but once you start changing internal parts you will cross into a plane of not just driving and enjoying your car, but working and wrenching on it all the time too. For some people, this is great! It is like building Lego or models, except for adults!

Lots of people don't want that kind of involvement though, and if you just want something that is reliable and fast, here are my suggestions:

Cheap (not really, but relatively):
ARH or Kooks longtube headers. 1-3/4 if you will never go forced-induction, otherwise just get the 1-7/8 and know that you have room to expand later on. Off-road X-pipe, and your choice of whether you want cats or not. For those in other provinces that don't have a choice, you will of course use high-flow cats. Three inch piping would be best, but you don't necessarily need to replace the entire exhaust system. Headers, X-pipe with or without cats, back into the stock exhaust, and then change the axle-back muffler and tailpipes.

Corsa Sport Axle-back. Even at idle, they make a more pronounced sound than stock, but most people will not know the difference in volume if there is any. Completely reasonable volume and still a nice sound driving like a normal human being. Open the throttle, and it starts to sound like a racecar. This isn't a great example because my camera is in a protective case that causes echo and exaggerates the rasp :
The car is idling already at the start of the video, but you can't hear it because I am beside the car, and not behind the exhaust pipes. That's pretty damn quiet. When he lets out, you can't hear it any more.

Cold Air Intake. This is a point that is often argued, and is often done in addition to other parts, so who really knows what the true gains are? I have always seen gains on previous cars, so I did it anyway. The most important thing to consider with this modification is how close it can get to sucking water into your engine if it rains. Do NOT mess with this. Make sure that it is high enough to avoid puddles or planing water from the tires.

If you still need more power, you need to make a choice. Do you want power and reliability, or do you just want as much power as it can make, and are willing to spend as much time and/or money as it will take?

The supercharger is the way to go. Bang for the buck, it really can't be beat, and the internals all stay the same. 100-120 hp easy, and just as reliable as stock (as long as it stays cool), so it will last forever under regular driving conditions.

I could (and maybe even should) post up some stories about modifying the internal components of these engines and what kind of heartache it can cause. But that is another story.

Simply an excellent post man. 👍

A&A makes a really good one under 9k CDN

Use a ported TB I have one for sale it’s a C7 one adds power off of the line. It’s made by Katech.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread