Featured Thread
I'm booked in for Super Run 2017 with the Saskatoon Corvette Club.
I'm planning on being in the Vintage Drags tomorrow as my uncle wants to race me in his 62 Belvedere wagon with a 440. Then I'll be working security and in the show on Saturday.
Is anyone else planning on attending?

I just arrived in Chilliwack this evening, and will be in the pits with my buddy Gord and his cousin Jerry, driving a 68 blue El Camino and 38 green Pontiac. Let me know where we can meet? My 15 blue Z51 Vette will be in the pits also.

I just arrived in Chilliwack this evening, and will be in the pits with my buddy Gord and his cousin Jerry, driving a 68 blue El Camino and 38 green Pontiac. Let me know where we can meet? My 15 blue Z51 Vette will be in the pits also.

You'll be in Saskatoon? I'll keep an eye out for you! We should be at SIR around 4:00ish.

Time slips and pics Riley. Have fun.

I'll see what I can do. :D First time out, I'm guessing a 13.5, but I would love to see a 12 on the slip. :D

I wish... Unless your Uncle is hiding some mods, my money is on your LS1 . Let us know how it goes...Have a great time Riley... :thumbs:

I think the LS1 will roll pretty easy on his car as it is much lighter. He's expecting to be in the 14's, I'm expecting to be in the 13's.

You'll be in Saskatoon? I'll keep an eye out for you! We should be at SIR around 4:00ish.

I'll see what I can do. :D First time out, I'm guessing a 13.5, but I would love to see a 12 on the slip. :D

I think the LS1 will roll pretty easy on his car as it is much lighter. He's expecting to be in the 14's, I'm expecting to be in the 13's.

13:29 is my guess... :Cheers2:

Hahaha! You got it! The last run was the best run of a 13.6 @ 109 mph. It scares me that someone was actually watching. :D

All the other runs were not very good in the 14's. Still fun! But not great for time.

Here was my breakdown for those that have a long time to read.
Run 1:
No burnout, left lane.
Take off ok. The rear of the car got super loose on the 1-2 shift and shot me towards the centerline. I lifted just enough to get it back under control and kept going. This resulted in a 14.1@107 mph

The second run
No burnout. Left lane.
The tires spun really easily off the line, I peddled to get traction. At the 1-2 shift point the bumps in the track really upset the back of the car. It felt like wheel hop. I tried to keep going and didn't do that great but pulled around my uncle for the win! Not a great time of 14.6 @107 mph.
I noticed back at the pit that the rear tires had gravel embedded into the rubber. That why it spun so easily on the second run.

Third run, in the right lane. Racing my uncle again.
Quick tire spin.
Sat for 10 seconds after being staged. I was wondering if I needed to stage more or what the heck was going on. They finally pulled my uncle off the line because his overflow tank was leaking.
I sat staged, not knowing if I should restage. Finally the lights came down and I got antsy and totally red lighted lifting on and off the gas at the start.
At the top of the quarter I was at red line so I tried to shift to 4th and missed it. Crappy run but the right lane felt super solid with no bumps and lots of grip.

4th run. Right lane. Small burnout. Racing a mid 80's TA.
I actually seemed to take off well at only 2000 rpm. I only used second and third. Hit the rev limiter right at the finish line. Best of 13.6 at 109 mph.

So, quit fun. My 60' sucks showing I should be able to launch harder. And the reaction time sucked too as I was concentrating on trying to get the clutch near the engagement point with the revs up. Fun all around though. I really enjoyed myself.

IMG_3706.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG
IMG_3715.JPG

Saw this guy at the show, but I was working security at the west entrance so I wasn't able to get around to talk the people. The car looked great!
IMG_3739.JPG

Great recap Riley and a respectable time as well... Keeping in mind we are a long ways from the sea level times that most of the specs quote... Some pretty sweet pictures as well... :thumbs:

Reactions: Riley P
Ya done good Riley. Drag racing looks easy. It isn't.

Some great pictures, very nice looking hot rods. Your friends wagon is a beast, in a good way of course. How did he run?

As Eric said "great recap". Yes indeed, looked like a beautiful day to boot.

Thanks for the pics Riley.:thumbs:

Riley, it looks like I was there about the same time as you were. I had my 2016 Challenger and did 11.7 on my first and only time out. The guy beside me had a coolant leak so I got to run by myself. My reaction time was pathetic because the light turned green before I took off. I didn't do a burn-out either because I was so nervous. I had drag radials on the car and it hooked up great and I just kept it to the floor all the way. May take the Z06 this year but I need more practice speed shifting the standard.
sir_slip.jpg

Hahaha! You got it! The last run was the best run of a 13.6 @ 109 mph. It scares me that someone was actually watching. :D

All the other runs were not very good in the 14's. Still fun! But not great for time.

Here was my breakdown for those that have a long time to read.
Run 1:
No burnout, left lane.
Take off ok. The rear of the car got super loose on the 1-2 shift and shot me towards the centerline. I lifted just enough to get it back under control and kept going. This resulted in a 14.1@107 mph

The second run
No burnout. Left lane.
The tires spun really easily off the line, I peddled to get traction. At the 1-2 shift point the bumps in the track really upset the back of the car. It felt like wheel hop. I tried to keep going and didn't do that great but pulled around my uncle for the win! Not a great time of 14.6 @107 mph.
I noticed back at the pit that the rear tires had gravel embedded into the rubber. That why it spun so easily on the second run.

Third run, in the right lane. Racing my uncle again.
Quick tire spin.
Sat for 10 seconds after being staged. I was wondering if I needed to stage more or what the heck was going on. They finally pulled my uncle off the line because his overflow tank was leaking.
I sat staged, not knowing if I should restage. Finally the lights came down and I got antsy and totally red lighted lifting on and off the gas at the start.
At the top of the quarter I was at red line so I tried to shift to 4th and missed it. Crappy run but the right lane felt super solid with no bumps and lots of grip.

4th run. Right lane. Small burnout. Racing a mid 80's TA.
I actually seemed to take off well at only 2000 rpm. I only used second and third. Hit the rev limiter right at the finish line. Best of 13.6 at 109 mph.

So, quit fun. My 60' sucks showing I should be able to launch harder. And the reaction time sucked too as I was concentrating on trying to get the clutch near the engagement point with the revs up. Fun all around though. I really enjoyed myself.

View attachment 10497 View attachment 10498 View attachment 10499

Saw this guy at the show, but I was working security at the west entrance so I wasn't able to get around to talk the people. The car looked great!
View attachment 10500

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.