Mar 22, 2012
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Z06
Hello again I have returned from my work induced hiataus. I was looking into super charging my C6 Z07 (pics soon) and was just looking for some expertise into the subject. I was looking into Wipple super chargers and Magnusson brand as well, I however do not want a vortek style. Also I am a mechanic so i was going to put in my self, but i would want it dyno tuned after and would need a place in alberta that is good? so answer away:canada:

Hello again I have returned from my work induced hiataus. I was looking into super charging my C6 Z07 (pics soon) and was just looking for some expertise into the subject. I was looking into Wipple super chargers and Magnusson brand as well, I however do not want a vortek style. Also I am a mechanic so i was going to put in my self, but i would want it dyno tuned after and would need a place in alberta that is good? so answer away:canada:

The Magunson TVS2300 is by far your best choice for your Z06 . You will require a new hood to clear the blower . There are lots of nice hoods out there to choose from . Just do a google search and a ton of choices will come up .

I personally don't have any experience with any tuner in your area , so I can not recommend nor advise you who is is or isn't good . Maybe someone else can chime on that .

Good evening 79vette,

My car left Spirit River in early November, trailered to Edmonton and by train to Manny.

It has been an interesting adventure and I would do it all over again. Manny seems to have a very powerful package for C6 Z06's that give over a 40% rwhp boost when all is said and done.

While you can do the work yourself that is not an option for me and I looked into a few places in Edmonton and Calgary. Sadly the attitude out west seems to be that anyone who owns such a car is an open wallet (sort of my ex-wife's attitude too, thankfully that was before the Z06!).

What impresses me with Manny et al. is not only that they do the work but the, art perhaps, that they put into the work, the small attention to detail that they bring to their work.

You can't end up but feel that your car is in the best possible of hands and that the outcome will be of the highest calibre.

I'm looking forward to both going to get the car in the spring and the pride in having a Dasilva Motorsports modified car. Sort of like a RUF Porsche maybe.

I had been struggling with the same issues you did in terms of finding someone local and in the end, even after shipping costs, the package was going to be less expensive and a higher rwhp gain than going local.

If I might advise, check out the cost of having Manny do what you would like and then the cost of getting the parts yourself plus having to find a local tuner who might be worth risking leaving your car with. You might be surprised that Manny is a good deal more competative than you might think and you are getting a one-stop deal that you won't get anywhere else.

Cheers,

Garry of Grimshaw

Yea having the ability to put it in my self is pretty nice also because I'll know exactly what has been done to it. Id like to avoid shipping my car all over the country. I know of Davenport motor sports hear in calgary but i have heard that they arent the greatest for tunning horse power as well as driveability, but i have never had a first hand experience with them. Also Manny maybe you could make me a quote for a Magnusson super charger kit?

Yea having the ability to put it in my self is pretty nice also because I'll know exactly what has been done to it. Id like to avoid shipping my car all over the country. I know of Davenport motor sports hear in calgary but i have heard that they arent the greatest for tunning horse power as well as driveability, but i have never had a first hand experience with them. Also Manny maybe you could make me a quote for a Magnusson super charger kit?

TVS2300 would be your best bet , did you want a polished or blk unit ?

yea I know of Lawrence, I also know he does not have a dyno but if anyone knows some one worth wile it prob be him. yea I have heard that he autocrossed with one of my teachers at SAIT, and and black manny i have my chevelle for chrome!

One of our local members had a head/cam package done at Davenport. He was warned by Russ Kemp (a Corvette guru in Regina) that it was too aggressive for the street. $25K later, he had a C5 Z06 that sounds wicked but he stopped driving it and had the cam changed out because the exhaust stung his eyes every time he started it or was stuck in traffic and took a while for the engine to idle without stalling which was embarrassing in traffic.

At most big cruise nights around here you will smell one or two just like that and the guys are driving along as proud as peacocks. Sorry 67Heaven. Somehow, I don't think your car would fall into that category. ;)

Actually, that sounds just about perfect. :rofl:

True enough! I like that I can't drive my Chevelle without having it warm up for at least a couple minutes so it'll run.

I think his car was more of a tuning issue than anything but that's just my speculation. He was embarrassed to start it for people or idle in traffic so his enjoyment really suffered as he didn't want a car that was finicky.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.