CDN_Wolf_eh

2 You're 10
Jan 30, 2009
Mississauga, Canada
VetteCoins
children_header.jpg

Well I have received a number of inquiries about this years Tim Horton Children's Foundation Show, Shine and Cruise ... so at this point I'll start with the basics ... and expand the thread (Sticky?) as we get closer to the date ... I was chatting with Arshad over on the NSX forum, and we think that this event will serve as our "Spring Exotics Cruise" for 2009!

TIM HORTON CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION
4th Annual SHOW, SHINE & CRUISE
Sport Cars and Exotics

Date:
Sunday, June 7th, 2009

Time:
9:30 am. Show & Shine
11:00 am. Cruise
1:00pm. Lunch

3411 Mavis Road, Mississauga, ON

About the Tim Horton Children's Foundation Charity

The Tim Horton Children's Foundation was established in 1974 by Ron Joyce, Co-Founder of the Tim Hortons chain, to honour Tim Horton's love for children and his desire to help those less fortunate.

The Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization committed to providing a fun-filled camp environment for children from economically disadvantaged homes. Year-round, local children are selected from each of the communities in which a Tim Hortons store operates, giving thousands of children the opportunity to attend one of our camps.

Children living in economically disadvantaged homes often do not have access to supports that develop positive life skills. With 1 in 6 children across Canada and the United States living in an economically disadvantaged home* , the Tim Horton Children's Foundation provides opportunities for these children to develop into positive, contributing members of their communities. The Tim Horton Children's Foundation camp experience is designed to give children confidence in their abilities through participation in challenging programs. They experience pride in their accomplishments as they succeed in attaining their goals, and they gain a positive view of this world and their future in it.

This year the Foundation will serve close to 14,000 children from economically disadvantaged homes. Together we are truly making a difference.

Donation Levels:

We will continue with the Multi-Tiered Prize - Donation Packages; featuring limited edition Tim Horton Children Foundation (THCF) gifts, based on the donation level.

We will have a THCF registration form at the event, which you can fill out, and you will be sent a receipt by the Foundation.

This will be the first year that I will be opening this event to multiple car forums ... and each forum will have the opportunity to bid on a special "Auction Package", with the top bid winning the package, and a special parking location at the Show and Shine ... Every Platinum Package Participant may bid on the special "Auction Package" ... the Auction will open in a few days!

Please feel free to PM me the Donation Package you would like to commit to... or email me at
[email protected]

(SEEN NEXT POST - I AM LIMITED TO 6 IMAGES)

Auction Table Items: Last year we had an excellent Silent Auction Table ... and I hope we can equal or exceed it! If you have any items or services that you would like to donate for this event, please contact me, and let me know.

I have now set the route ... and it should be a blast! Our destination though will be the Onondaga Farm Children's Camp where we will enjoy our meal, and have the opportunity to tour a number of the facilities at the camp. Last year I received a number of positive comments from people that enjoyed the tours, and could see up close and personal, where their donations were ending up!

Tim Horton Onondaga Farms
RR #2, 264 Glen Morris Road East
St. George, Ontario
Tel: (519) 448-1248

Driving Directions for the cruise this Sunday! ... Click on the link below, and it will take you to the Google Map ... you can then print it off!

Link:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour....241201,-79.944763&spn=0.189077,0.527344&z=12

Start address: 3411 Mavis Rd Mississauga, ON End address: 264 Glen Morris Rd E, Brant, Brant County, Ontario

Start at: Tim Hortons - 3411 Mavis Rd Mississauga, ON

1. Head northwest on Mavis Rd toward Central Pkwy W - 0.8 km
2. Turn left at Burnhamthorpe Rd W - 12.6 km
3. Turn right at 6th Line Rd - 2.0 km
4. Turn left at Lower Baseline Rd - 1.7 km
5. Turn left to stay on Lower Baseline Rd - 1.4 km
6. Turn right at 4th Line - 2.5 km
7. Turn left at Britannia Rd - 5.6 km
8. Turn right at Tremaine Rd - 28 m
9. Turn left at Britannia Rd - 4.2 km
10. Turn left at Walkers Line - 0.2 km
11. Turn right at Britannia Rd - 4.4 km
12. Turn right at Cedar Springs Rd - 0.1 km
13. Turn left at Britannia Rd - 1.3 km
14. Turn left at Millburough Line - 1.1 km
15. Turn right at Seventh Concession Rd - 3.2 km
16. Turn left at Centre Rd - 5.1 km
17. Continue on Hamilton St N - 1.2 km
18. Turn right at Dundas St E - 0.2 km

Arrive at: Tim Hortons - 255 Dundas St E Waterdown, ON - There are several gas stations along Hamilton Street ... you can fill up if necessary ... and freshen up your Coffee too! :lol:

1. Head southwest on Dundas St E toward Howard Blvd - 2.5 km
> 2. Continue on 5 Hwy W - 7.1 km
> 3. Turn left at Brock Rd - 1.6 km
> 4. Turn right at Old Brock Rd - 0.2 km
> 5. Slight left at Crooks Hollow Rd - 1.9 km
> 6. Turn right at Hwy 8/Regional Rd-8 - 0.3 km
> 7. Turn left at Weirs Ln - 2.2 km
> 8. Turn left at Governors Rd - 4.4 km
> 9. Turn right at Ogilvie St - 0.4 km
> 10. Slight right at Old Ancaster Rd - 1.1 km
> 11. Slight left to stay on Old Ancaster Rd - 0.4 km
> 12. Continue on Old Dundas Rd - 1.5 km
> 13. Turn left to stay on Old Dundas Rd - 1.2 km
> 14. Turn right at Wilson St E - 1.4 km
> 15. Slight right at Jerseyville Rd E - 5.3 km
> 16. Turn left at Hwy 52 S - 0.6 km
> 17. Take the ON-403 ramp to Brantford - 0.9 km
> 18. Merge onto King's Hwy 403 - 18.6 km
> 19. Take exit 36 toward CAMBRIDGE/KING GEORGE Rd/ON-24 - 0.2 km
> 20. Turn left at Fairview Dr - 0.2 km
> 21. Turn right at King George Rd - 4.2 km
> 22. Continue on Brant Rd - 8.6 km
> 23. Turn right at Glen Morris Rd E - 1.5 km
>
> Arrive at: Glen Morris Rd E Brant, ON - Follow Glen Morris to camp entrance, about 500 meters from turn, on Right Hand Side!

Arrive at: Tim Horton Children's Foundation - Camp Onendaga - 264 Glen Morris Rd E, Brant, Brant County, Ontario

Glen Morris Road E is not a paved road ... there will be some loose gravel, and some pot holes, but the total length that you have to travel on this road is around 500 meters ... so take it slow, and you should be OK ... the Camp is on the right hand side, and the roads are nicely paved!

Roll Call !!!

Silversurfer - Pierre (G) & Bonnie (G)
BAD-C5 - Paul (P) & Lina (G)

Last edited:
Silver $40.00 - Breakfast Sandwich and Beverage, THCF Eco Bag, Camp Day T-Shirt & a Whistle Key Chain with Compass + Military Cap.

PlusSign.jpg
009.jpg

Gold $60.00- Breakfast Sandwich and Beverage, THCF Eco Bag, Camp Day T-Shirt & a Whistle Key Chain with Compass + Military Cap + Stainless Steel Water Bottle + Sports Blanket

PlusSign.jpg
012.jpg
PlusSign.jpg
005.jpg

Platinum $80.00 - Breakfast Sandwich and Beverage, THCF Eco Bag, Camp Day T-Shirt & a Whistle Key Chain with Compass + Military Cap + Stainless Steel Water Bottle + Sports Blanket + Plush Pawprint Bear (VERY CUTE!)

ALL GOLD ITEMS
PlusSign.jpg
011.jpg

We are in for a Gold.
For those that have not been part of this event. Put this on you "Can't Miss" event list.
This will open your eyes as to how much Mark Walker and the Tim Horton's Franchise owners do for these kids.
Don't miss out.:canada:

Updates:

Launch Location Has Changed!

3411 Mavis Road, Mississauga, ON

Members of the Viper and Ford GT Clubs will be attending!

So far, no word from the NSX guys :confused:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread