interesting readin greg and great due dilligence on your part!!! wouldn't a crate motor 427 from GM with an aftermarket cam come in around this mark? I'm not sure about comparative $$$ but Horsepower Solutions here in Edmonton did a heads/cam build on a stock bottom end 427 crate motor and came away with 660 flywheel...

For the ERL LS 427 dry sleeved block with R&R out the door you are looking at $5k US, then add your forged crank, beams and pistons
for $2.5k plus all installed for maybe another $2k, so total 10k?

I do not know what a 427 from GM cost, but maybe $12k would be a close guess?

For the ERL LS 427 dry sleeved block with R&R out the door you are looking at $5k US, then add your forged crank, beams and pistons

I do not know what a 427 from GM cost, but maybe $12k would be a close guess?[/QUOE]

LS7 Crate Engine
RETAIL: $16,956.25
YOUR PRICE: $13,652.00

That's US plus shipping,duties taxes :eek:

Thx
[email protected]

Wow, that make the 383 stroker a cheap option.

Greg , I'm very certain that you will be very happy with a 383 . If you go to a say a 402 , you will need an LS2 block,then heads and intake and so on . You already have most eveerything you need now , so a 383 is the logical step .
I'm seeing John this week , and will discuss it with him to see what kind of a deal we can put together for you :D

TTYS
[email protected]

Last edited:

I do not know what a 427 from GM cost, but maybe $12k would be a close guess?[/QUOE]

LS7 Crate Engine
RETAIL: $16,956.25
YOUR PRICE: $13,652.00

That's US plus shipping,duties taxes :eek:

Thx
[email protected]

Oh dear lord...

Actually looking around and doing some data collection on the net I noticed that Lunati also has a LS1 395ci stroker option.
For the standard 3.903 piston with a 4.125" stroke at 10.4:1 over the 383-4.0" stroke to get the extra cubes.
I will have to try and find how much extra hp it will be going to a 395 instead.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.