roti83

I'm New Here
Feb 4, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Corvette Z06/07
Province
AB
What are the pro's/con's of storing vehicle fully suspended on a QuickJack re suspension? Suspension is fully relaxed and bearing only the weight of the brake assembly, wheel and tire. One pro is you do not have to worry about flatspotting but are there negative effects on the suspension. Presumably for the 07 with CCB the suspended weight is a bit less. Thanks. (First post, please excuse any errors.)

What are the pro's/con's of storing vehicle fully suspended on a QuickJack re suspension? Suspension is fully relaxed and bearing only the weight of the brake assembly, wheel and tire. One pro is you do not have to worry about flatspotting but are there negative effects on the suspension. Presumably for the 07 with CCB the suspended weight is a bit less. Thanks. (First post, please excuse any errors.)

Sounds loike you've answered your own question Roti and most here will agree. Welcome to the forum.How about an intro and pic of your ride. Maybe in the 'New Users' section. :thumbs:

Welcome to CCF - where rarely an apology is required.
Agreeing with the message above 😁☝️

No intention to advocate nor initiate a debate in responding ...
I've chosen to rely on the engineering behind this Automobile and its components
by keeping it on its wheels. This meaning my focus is on the tires and for
which "plan A" (for 3 Winters now) within an unheated garage, has been parking it on
"pads" that separate the tires from the cold/frozen thermal mass of the concrete.

Last edited:
Welcome to CCF - where rarely an apology is required.
Agreeing with the message above 😁☝️

No intention to advocate nor initiate a debate in responding ...
I've chosen to rely on the engineering behind this Automobile and its components
by keeping it on its wheels. This meaning my focus is on the tires and for
which "plan A" (for 3 Winters now) within an unheated garage, has been parking it on
"pads" that separate the tires from the cold/frozen mass of the concrete.

Agree. Been doing this for years and no issues via 2 inch Polystyrene cut into 4 pads.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ow...h-x-96-inch-x-2-inch-ship-lap-edge/1000155124

My car has sat 5 - 6 months for the past 5 winters (2015 C7) without flat spots. I park it on foam mats, Canadian Tire $20. The older tires may have flat spotted but these new tires/compounds should not flat spot if the tire is properly inflated.

Flat spot isn't an issue anymore with modern tires, I use to store other vehicule on concrete block and let the suspension fully extend without any issues. In fact, on a very long term, if you leave a car on it's weight for a very long period of time, you will get a little metal fatique on the springs but it is so small and we only store them for 5 or 6 month then drive them again on are BEAUTIFUL ROADS :Ack2: , it is almost impossible to notice the difference so it wont make a big difference. How many car collectors raise their vehicules? About museum?

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann and lupo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread