Weyburn, SK
VetteCoins
Car
1976 L48
2007 Dodge Laramie 4x4
black with lots of chrome
20" Gear Alloy Wheels 713 Black Double Pump w/ Cooper Zeon LTZ rubber
Stainless push bar (bull bar)
Chrome & stainless Putco box rails (think they were 2.5")
Chrome sun visor
Chrome window shades
Chrome door pillars
Chrome 3rd brake light cover
Projector headlights with halo and LEDs w/ chrome bezels
Smoked LED taillights
Chrome door & tailgate handles
Chrome bug deflector
Stainless grille screen
Stainless fender trim
Chrome nerf bars
Vanish roll-up tonneau cover
Tinted windows
Locking black & chrome fuel door
Borla rear-exit dual exhaust

House in Kisbey, SK (50 miles east of Weyburn) broken into on or about the night of Sunday, August 22, 2010. PS3 and games taken from house along with keys to 2007 Dodge, 1989 GMC Sierra and 1976 Corvette. Dodge missing but GMC and Corvette were left alone (GMC won't start and Corvette hiding in garage). Just a BOLO so the bastard has a harder time pawning my parts.
Corey Branvold's Photos | Facebook
Corey Branvold's Photos | Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5545&l=61f498c33f&id=100000485343724

But left tv, computer, satellites, stereo, Guitar Hero games n accessories (like wtf...unplugged the dongles to take system and went thru games leaving half dozen GH discs), concert tickets and most everything else...took a weathered junk baseball bat, jars of change, 3 sets of keys and PS3 with games n controllers. Gas can was sitting out in yard from the garden shed but lawn mower and snow blower were left alone...sniff much buddy? GMC ignition key taken but not door key...rookie. Keys with alarm fob for 1976 Stingray taken but car untouched (and now immobilized). Over $3000 in parts for new Vette lying there untouched. Factory rims and rubber for Dodge still where they were sitting when I left. Pressure washer unmolested...anyone think he got exactly what he came for and no more? That or sniffed the gas before breaking in and forgot what he was doing. Crap like this makes a guy want to park other vehicles elsewhere and sit in his house in the dark just praying for punks like this to come back...

And to top it off a cop that figures it not worth his time and effort to drive 20 miles to look at the scene and I dunno, maybe try to get some prints or pics...takes a statement and calls it a night saying I contaminated the crime scene by looking in MY house to see if anything else was missing so I could report it more accurately. I didn't touch the point of entry or the bucket the keys were hidden in, just walked in and took a quick look.

Last edited:
That is a piss off. I can't stand people that steal stuff. I will keep an eye out. check Kijiji for wheels and other items. I'm not sure where people take trucks but maybe check kijiji in Alberta and Manitoba as well. Hate to say it, but the closest reservations may be a starting place as well.

I got broken into few months after getting my Vette, the Vette itself looked like crap back then, however; couple of friends told me about the "Corvette curse" /

That is because they see a Vette in your garage(I guess in your case 2) , they immediatly assume there is money at that household.

Do not forget to check eBay as well.

When we got broken into it feels pretty bad, however; I found 3 positive things out of it and hopefully it will help you too: 1) you detach yourself from material things 2) you will take more precautions that sadly enough are now necessary and prevent a worse break in 3) hopefully your loss is big enough to justify paying your deductible and you get all new stuff.

Sorry to hear and I will certainly keep an eye while browsing kijiji or eBay.

is listed on kijiji as stolen too, and yeah now thinking of all the things that could have been done to prevent it...hindsight....and yeah it is either parted out or trashed in the bush. I just hope if it comes back it is 100% fine or 100% write-off. 8 years of living here and this is the first incident I have had which is pretty lucky around here, other people get stuff smashed or burned around this place. I thought me being nice to everyone would return good karma, but it doesn't pay to be everyone's friend I guess.

is listed on kijiji as stolen too, and yeah now thinking of all the things that could have been done to prevent it...hindsight....and yeah it is either parted out or trashed in the bush. I just hope if it comes back it is 100% fine or 100% write-off. 8 years of living here and this is the first incident I have had which is pretty lucky around here, other people get stuff smashed or burned around this place. I thought me being nice to everyone would return good karma, but it doesn't pay to be everyone's friend I guess.

I would suggest to still be the same old friendly you...however; now you know there is one or two bastards around that have nothing to do but f**k with someonelse's stuff.

As I said, it could have been worse, and now you are in time to prevent that from happening...I mean, they could have taken your new Vette for a joy ride leaving it damaged but repairable...that would've made me real angry!

I just got the call from RCMP, truck found in Fort Qu'Appelle missing the rims and (as the officer put it) WRECKED. I can only hope it is wrecked beyond recognition now, I don't want to be driving it after it has been seriously abused and "fixed".

I know I would not want a vehicle back after it was recovered from being stolen. Too bad you aren't allowed to beat the people who stole your truck as much as they beat on your truck. I hate people that steal.

No I had just phoned to accept the offer on Monday (was to sign off this Monday when I had days off and could get into SGI) after fighting and swearing at them about how little they wanted to give, eventually got $2000 more but they dropped $1000 off the add-ons I had (retarded right?)...then Tuesday got call it was found so hoping SGI doesn't screw me and tell me they repairing it.

typical insurance. they even tried to say i had a part in it,when my escalade was stolen,Immediately hired a lawyer and 2 days later a cheque and appology

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread